Can one retro-fit a Phantom 3 Standard RC to use tablets
7253 14 2015-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ja122472
New

United States

Hi, newbi here. I've had my Phantom 3 Standard for a month or so and have flown about 15 times.
I'm having a blast flying the the quadcopter and was wondering if I can retro-fit the RC to use a tablet instead of my iPhone6.
I beleive the Phantom 2 users have done this in the past and since Phantom 3 Standard is similar, I thought it maybe possible.
Any advise is appreciated, thanks.
2015-9-19
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are a few  for various tablets on Ebay.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPad-air ... -FC40-/131498475224
2015-9-20
Use props
ja122472
New

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-20 01:51
There are a few  for various tablets on Ebay.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPad-air-Tablet-Holder-Mount- ...

Thanks for link. Do you have any experience with the item?
2015-9-20
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

hi. the stock holder fits the ipad air 2, without a case on it. i fly like that all of the time.
2015-9-21
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flyhigh7887 Posted at 2015-9-21 09:05
hi. the stock holder fits the ipad air 2, without a case on it. i fly like that all of the time.

I believe you are mistaking the Advance and Professional controller for the Standard.  This poster is asking about the P3 Standard which has a completely different controller than the Adv/Pro.
2015-9-21
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-9-21 15:19
I believe you are mistaking the Advance and Professional controller for the Standard.  This poster ...

whoops. you are right.

my bad.

sorry about that.
2015-9-23
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flyhigh7887 Posted at 2015-9-23 18:52
whoops. you are right.

my bad.

No worries....it is an easy mistake to make.  There are a significant number of changes from the Std to the Adv/Pro.  I am actually glad DJI released them in the order they did b/c had I bought the std and saw a few months later what an extra few hundred $$$ would get me, I'd be a bit peeved.  
2015-9-23
Use props
jebryant10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

ja122472 Posted at 2015-9-20 10:46
Thanks for link. Do you have any experience with the item?

I had it and used it on my Phantom 2 Vision, it works and is very nice. Besure to get the correct size for your iPad.
2015-9-24
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Ja,

Quick, down and dirty clip of my home-made mounting system for my P2 & P3 Pads and Phones. Used mostly RAM mount stuff. I can change the pad orientation in every direction. I can change the distance that the device is from the RC. I can change devices and RC's in seconds. I've been using this system for over a year and I simply love it. I have also modified sunshades to work with it.

Jerry
2015-9-24
Use props
eddie.minter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17897 ft

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-24 22:01
Ja,

Quick, down and dirty clip of my home-made mounting system for my P2 & P3 Pads and Phones. Used ...

Jerry, how did you mount the RAM base to the P2 controller? It's similar to the P3S controller and should work for me.

Thanks.

Eddie
2016-4-2
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

eddie.minter Posted at 2016-4-2 13:33
Jerry, how did you mount the RAM base to the P2 controller? It's similar to the P3S controller and ...

Eddie,

I used this part: RAM Mount

I didn't price check, just wanted to get you the part. You can probably get it cheaper. It did take a little work. I enlarged the hole so it could go over the chrome center piece (I had to drill it out). Then I had to grind down the flat bottom surface to match the contour of the plastic RC case. Then I lightly scratched the plastic that would be covered by the part. Cleaned everything and used an automotive adhesive to secure it to the RC. It's been on there for over a 1 1/2 and hasn't budged. I can get name of the adhesive I used if you want to give it a go. Sorry for the delay, I've been offline for a few weeks.

Jerry
2016-4-7
Use props
eddie.minter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17897 ft

Jerry, thanks for getting back. I'm still trying to figure which way to go. I have some random RAM stuff laying around so this would be a "frugal" way to go. Thanks!
2016-4-7
Use props
redd1
New

United States

Can you tell me what tablet you are using and is it connected to the internet Thanks
2016-4-9
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought the Inspire Smart Device Mount which is a metal version of what is used on the Pro and Advanced Remote.   I used an Ipad air with cellular when I had my Standard,  It worked fine...
2016-4-9
Use props
CloudCityDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177106 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good Afternoon.
    Absolutely there are!You are able to find tablet mounts/ extenders all over the internet. You can find them on Amazon, Ebay and even 3D Print them yourself! If you have any other questions or need any more help then feel free to give us a call or go to our website!
          I hope this helped!   
http://www.cloudcitydrones.com/
2016-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules