Phantom Vision2 Plus FLIPS OVER immediately after takeoff.....
854 2 2015-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paperfortress
New

United States

Hey y'all,

I recently had a crash that left the drone disabled. I opened it up and realized that the only problem at all (visible problem) was that the motherboard needed replacement. I installed a new one, updated and recalibrated the machine and everything seemed to be working prefectly. When I accellerated for takeoff, it lifted about an inch off the ground and immediately flipped over onto the top side and stayed on the ground.

Any idea what is going on here? I assume it has something to do with the GPS system malfunctioning but I am just not sure what to replace or fix since I dont see anything physically wrong with it nor do I know the proper diagnosis techniques.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

2014 Phantom Vision2 Plus
GoPro Hero4 on H3-3D Gimbal

2015-9-21
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Don't think it's a GPS issue. Take off the props and start up the bird. See if the motors start and stop at the same time. Also throttle up and see if they are all responding together. If the RC is calibrated and the motors are not in together I would suspect a problem with one or two of the ESC motor controllers.
2015-9-22
Use props
paperfortress
New

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-9-22 03:18
Don't think it's a GPS issue. Take off the props and start up the bird. See if the motors start and  ...

Hey Roy, thanks a lot for your help.

Through some searching I actually found the solution. When I installed a new motherboard, I had put in the plug into the control box backwards! It soars beautifully now.

Answer:
"I had this problem with a brand new P2,  immediately flips on take off,  after much frustration and checking everything I was told by support.  I discovered that all 4 motors were plugged into the controller backwards…. on the little orange control box inside the phantom you will see a 4 wire connector plugged in to M1-M4,  verify that it is correct…it can actually be plugged in the wrong way. I believe the red wire should go to M1…"
2015-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules