What is the most stable firmware recipe at the moment?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kriley50
lvl.2

United States

I just received my replacement phantom 3 after waiting 7 weeks for repair of the " No Signal" issue.  The bird has 1.19 on it and the remote has 1.18.    Looks like DJI just released another new firmware in which I'm certain I probably want to stay away from.     

Give me your best Firmware!!

Thanks!
2015-9-22
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

K,

The unfortunate part is that they will ultimately force you to upgrade anyway. Whether software or hardware, you'll have to upgrade. Go straight to 1.4.1 and make sure the bird functions there. Right now, if 1.4.1 works properly and you use Litchi, you're set. All advanced flight modes enabled. If 1.4.1 doesn't work properly, you're back to square one anyway. I wish I could figure out this "signal loss" issue. I'm starting to think the hardware is failing over time.

Good luck!

Jerry
2015-9-22
Use props
kriley50
lvl.2

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-22 18:03
K,

The unfortunate part is that they will ultimately force you to upgrade anyway. Whether software  ...

Thanks Jerry.  At this point I haven't flown since July 3rd. I waited for 1.26 to be released and when that failed to fix my issues I sent the bird back.  It seems like there are problems with every firmware so you might as well go to the latest.    Any idea how to get an older version of the Go app off the App store?  Right now I only see the 2.2 which means I have to run at least a fairly up to date firmware.
2015-9-22
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

kriley50 Posted at 2015-9-22 17:22
Thanks Jerry.  At this point I haven't flown since July 3rd. I waited for 1.26 to be released and  ...

K,

I'm running Andriod with an Nvidia Shield for the most part so I can use Litchi and all of the advanced flight modes. I use my iPad Mini and DJI Go just to make sure things are running properly. I don't have much experience with downgrading IOS apps. If I were you, I'd run DJI Go on 1.4.1, make sure everything operates correctly and move to an Android device and Litchi. I've been able to do some really trick stuff with that app. None of it does you any good if your bird won't properly run 1.4.1. Here's some samples:

https://youtube.com/user/jtrjrjtrjr

I'm not a photo or video guy. I just like to fly. Good luck with your endeavor. I hope your bird is solid now.

Jerry
2015-9-22
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

I've got 1.1.9 on my Phantom and 1.1.2 on an iPad Mini 3 that I just updated to IOS 9.

It works and will stay that way until it no longer fly's.

Would like to have kept 1.1.8, but back then when DJI came out with a new version, the collective thought process was update. We all now know better.
2015-9-22
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

Running 1.1.9 on one P3P and 1.2.6 on another….using app 1.1.2      I have zero complaints, although there is one issue with 1.2.6…..I must launch immediately after arming the motors and disarm immediately after landing OR the bird will launch/relaunch on it's own. It's strange but knowing and avoiding is simple and certainly less of a headache than something new with every update…..I don't need all the bells and whistles of GO
2015-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules