Sound?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joepilly2
lvl.1

United States

I see some peoples video has sound as you can here the copter and such?  Should or can my P3A record sound during flight?

Thanks!
2015-9-24
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

No, but if you want to listen to all that buzzing you could record about a minutes worth of your Phantom buzzing on the ground and then loop it over and over.  Because really that is all there would be to hear.  That and wind noise.

2015-9-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Some previous models were able to record an audio track, perhaps if using a GoPro cam.

I would rather listen to silence or of some appropriate music in the background.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-24
Use props
agrewe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-24 20:46
Some previous models were able to record an audio track, perhaps if using a GoPro cam.

I would rath ...

Yes, if you record with a GoPro (which I did with my Phantom 1) you can record the sound. I used this for my very first videos, but very quickly learned that this actually bored and annoyed most viewers.

So I removed the sound and replaced it with something else. In most cases with nature sounds of the respective areas I was flying over (e.g. waves when flying along a coast, birds and wind in trees when flying inland).

I also once used a recording of a real helicopter taking off for the take off phase. Managed to fool a handful of people into thinking I had filmed from a real helicopter ;-)
2015-9-24
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

Recording audio on a drone is of no use just full of buzz and wind noise, you wont hear anything else.
2015-9-24
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

Use two cameras, one for the ground-shot looking at the Phantom, and the footage from the camera.  Sync it in post which is easy to do if you record a clap on both cameras or similar...
2015-9-29
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Phantom has no microphone. However, many folks simply stream their flight to YouTube which will allow you to narrate the flight using the mic on your device. You can also add audio in post production.
2015-9-29
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

I couldn't imagine a worse soundtrack than 4 weed whackers buzzing for several minutes. I get a headache just thinking about it.
2015-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules