Second remote
835 6 2015-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dandmpetro
lvl.2

United States

I have always had a second remote.  From day one my second remote has neve been able ro show the video on the GO app.  It has a purple light instead of green and I assumed this meant it was the second remote.  It does however control the camera.  Is this all it's supposed to do?  Seems I would see video.  It also doesnt take an upgrade and never has.  I tried to bring it back to factory default but nothing happens.  Light jut always stays on purple.  I woudd be so wonderful if I could see video.
Does anyone have any ideas
2015-9-26
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Yep, I had this.  For me it was because I didn't upgrade the second remote to the latest firmware.

It could control the camera etc, just didn't get the vision etc.

Purple means second remote so this is correct.

Update it (even if you already have) and go through the link process and see if that helps.
2015-9-26
Use props
dandmpetro
lvl.2

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-9-26 19:37
Yep, I had this.  For me it was because I didn't upgrade the second remote to the latest firmware.

Thank you Jim  but I seem to be having a problem updating it.  I tried to reset it back to factory defaults so i could start over but it wouldn't do that either.  I really would love to have this remote working.  Im not sure if the USB port is working because it seems to connect to the craft which is a radio function but will not take a update or see the pad.  I hate to have to send it to DJI.  
2015-9-26
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

dandmpetro@gmav Posted at 2015-9-27 09:59
Thank you Jim  but I seem to be having a problem updating it.  I tried to reset it back to factory ...

What happens when you try to update it?   Does it start beeping at all or just ignore it?

What does the text file on the SD card say after you attempt to update?
2015-9-26
Use props
rwynant
lvl.1

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-9-26 17:20
What happens when you try to update it?   Does it start beeping at all or just ignore it?

What do ...

Guys,

You can NOT update the 1.4. firmware........that firmware is ONLY for the Aircraft and the batteries

You should be at the 1.3. Firmware on your Remotes.....Master as well as the Slave

Randy
www.sefsd.org
2015-9-27
Use props
Mark from VT
lvl.2

United States

rwynant Posted at 2015-9-27 21:18
Guys,

You can NOT update the 1.4. firmware........that firmware is ONLY for the Aircraft and the  ...

I know What version I'm supposed to be on fir the RC  it's been this way for the last 3 updates prior to 1.4
2015-9-28
Use props
rwynant
lvl.1

United States

Mark from VT Posted at 2015-9-28 16:30
I know What version I'm supposed to be on fir the RC  it's been this way for the last 3 updates pr ...

Mark,

If you have updated your AC and Batteries to 1.4.....   Your RC needs to be at 1.3......  or,  from what I have been reading for weeks,  you ain't flying.

SO if you aren't at 1.3.... on the RC.....as you say, you know where you are, then.........
2015-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules