Fun story: To the lady who called the police--THANK YOU!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

This is an open letter to the wonderfully concerned neighbor who felt that I was threat to the city while flying my P3P on an old golf course.

Hello Ma'me,
I'd like to thank you for your concern today  for the public park which used to be a golf course.  I'm sure there was some fear in your heart that I would chop down some of the 60+ yr old trees, or mow some of the grass of our beloved common space.  Or, maybe you were concerend that I was invading the privacy of the widdle birdies and squirrels.   I assure you that I had no intention of doing either.  I was simply planning a photo shoot for an upcoming Oral Cancer Walk for Awaress (our third annual) in which we strive to save lives by raising money, providing freee oral cancer screenings, and raising awareness of this horriffic disease.  

That said, I'd like to thank you personally but the officer could not divulge your name or address.  After speaking with him, showing him the limited detail that is obtained at even 100', showing him the stableness of the Phantom, educating him on the FAA regulations, and amazing him at how high 160' really is.....he began to ask questions about inspecting a metal roof and how clear and close I would have to be.   Well.... I changed batteries and flew over the metal roof of the old clubhouse showing him the close up clarity and explaining that the camers still shots could show great detail at this close range and can even be enlarged.   

LONG story short, he asked me if I could do him a favor and help him inspect a new construction project he is having built.  He was suprised at the relatively low cost of such a piece of equipment which led to the fact that I have a P2v+ for sale.  I don't need a huge amout of $ out of it and will most likely be making him an offer with lessons!  YES, we may be practicing together right outside your back door!  

Thank you for the sales lead and yet another officer friend in my life.  I hope that someday he will slip up and give me some info so that I can thank you personally, however, I will be content to know that you may be able to watch our friendship grow.

Sincerely,
ME!
2015-9-26
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Good on you Bahama!

Jerry
2015-9-26
Use props
ksunsingh
lvl.2

United States

not bad, not bad at all =]
2015-9-26
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Heh, love it!
2015-9-26
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Hehe classic
2015-9-26
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Mother always said to say "Thank you".
2015-9-26
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Awesome response! Nice job on educating!
2015-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules