Disconnected, Lost Connection & No Signal Reality Check
1220 3 2015-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rickbell60.gmai
lvl.1

United States

I've got roughly 70 flights on my Inspire 1 and have had the following disconnection messages: Lost Connection (2x), Disconnected (2x), Weak Signal rapidly turning into No Signal (5x).  These have taken place at as much as 1500 ft and as little as 100 ft.  In all cases, the screen went blanck (message excepted) and the video signal returned within 5-10 seconds, at which time I was able to resume normal flight.  At no time was the Return to Home automatically initiated, so I suspect that I had only lost video and not control of the brid.  In the case of the two "Disconnected" episodes, the bird was close enough that I was able to simply fly it toward me while the video connection was then reestablished within 5-10 seconds later. In the case of the Lost Connection and No Signal episodes, I simply waited 5-10 seconds and the video connection resumed on its own.  As a side note, I live and fly in an area with lots of wifi and wireless home phones that are likely operating on 2.4ghz and I regulalry get large spikes of noise within the Image Transmisison Setting menu and osilations between Good to Poor readings within the Radio Channel Noise menu.

Finally the question, for those with many flights and hours on an Inspire 1, are these disconnections indicative of this platform within congested metropolitan areas or does it sound like I may have a problem with my equipment.  I am reluctant to send my bird to DJI for the next 2 months if what I am experiencing just goes with the territory

I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions.
2015-9-27
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

possible your camera/gimble contacts are becoming dirty/worn and not making good connection anymore if you remove it after every flight, you can clean them with a pencil eraser.  Id also check the two ribbon cables going from gimble to inspire body to see they are still properly connected, ive heard of a few rare cases where they worked themselves slightly loose and caused intermittent problems.  wifi signals shouldnt cause you much signal interference problems unless youre standing right next to a booster, youre flying very low close to them or someone has a homemade super booster or something and any warnings related to them appear long before you actually lose signal due to them anyway im pretty sure.  There are also two screws on the camera side gimble that you can slightly adjust to raise the contact plate to ensure better connection with aircraft side gimble. http://www.dronethusiast.com/lyn ... ut-of-video-signal/
2015-9-27
Use props
bmcm2807
New

United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-28 03:47
possible your camera/gimble contacts are becoming dirty/worn and not making good connection anymore  ...

I agreed with the last post.  Every time I tried to launch, my RC said "disconnected."  I then found that I had installed my camera incorrectly and it bent the last three (of about 18) contacts inside the Inspire1.  I used a very small jeweler's screwdriver to gently bend the prongs back and realign them.  I then carefully installed the camera unit and it worked fine.  
2015-9-28
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

Try and fly in an open area and see if you have the same issue.  There are several Android apps that scan WiFi, the one I use is "WiFi Analyzer".  It will show you the whole spectrum.  It will show you WiFi signals where you are standing, you can take it to the area you want to fly and get an idea how strong the WIFi signals are there.  It is like a spectrum analyzer....
2015-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules