DJI Inspire 1 out of control from no fly zone- Fly from indoor to outdoor.
1647 13 2015-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kingwaisze
lvl.1

United States

Hi DJI, I personally took an experiment to test how to fly in the no fly zone. As I know, the inspire 1 won't take off with the gps detected in no fly zone. Therefore, I tried to take off from my 16th floors apartment then fly through out of the window. From inside my house, the inspire had no problem to take off and controllable, but once the inspire fought through the window to outside. It happened like this.... after 20 secs, SCREEN TURN RED, "NO FLY ZONE" covered my whole screen. More error messages shown like this "Battery error!", "gears lowered..", "landing initialized...". I was watching the inspire fought crazy and slowly out of my sight. The inspire was out of control and my screen suddenly blanked. After 2 mins, I realized the DJI GPS map shown where the inspire landed and shown me the location. Thanks GOD, found it, no crashed and landed into a big empty land. NOW, I have questions, 1. Why the inspire suddenly out of control in no fly zone? DJI should asked me to land immediately within 60 secs instead of flyaway. 2. How does the inspire know where to land? how did the inspire find a empty space to land? Is it notified from GPS map?  Is it that high-tech the the inspire was so smart to avoid to land on railroad, highway, street and people? Those described infrastrustures are really surround my building.  DJI really programmed like that? or it was just lucky?
2015-10-1
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Buy yourself a lottery ticket...... you just got lucky
2015-10-1
Use props
e3nity
lvl.2

Singapore

Try again? lol
2015-10-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

LOL.......
2015-10-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Q1: It should not have gone out of control.
Q2: You just got lucky.

I would not advise doing something like that.

2015-10-1
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-2 07:14
Q1: It should not have gone out of control.
Q2: You just got lucky.

If you know it. But some complain DJI added randomly no fly zones in last firmware where it was not a problem to fly before - like in a park - and has nothing to do with airports.

What if someone fly like described above but dont know there is a no fly zone outside? Like I visit a friend and start in his house no airport around and just fly out and then..........

I know several cities declare themselfes no fly zones for just election propaganda reasons but DJI should only put no fly zones in firmware where there are safety reasons for doing this not some crazy major.
2015-10-2
Use props
kcobello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190 ft
United States

Let DJI do the experimenting...
2015-10-2
Use props
kingwaisze
lvl.1

United States

I think DJI should add "low fly zone!" in some area whether than all "No fly zone!"
2015-10-2
Use props
chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

Its shit like this that is going to bring things to a head with UAV's. If you don't get my comment you shouldn't be flying.
2015-10-2
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

PLLEEAASSSE don't fly out a window from the 16th FLOOR!!!  What if it hit the windowsill on the way out and fell 16 stories. It could KILL someone
2015-10-2
Use props
kingwaisze
lvl.1

United States

I knew it was a bad idea to take the experiment like this. However, I just tried to test to fly out and come back immediately. I didn't expect the malfunction happened to me. Of course, I won't do it again and that's why I share my experience to let you guys know "don't try, it won't work!" Somehow, I really want DJI to do something to program or improve the safety feature in DJI inspire 1.
2015-10-3
Use props
kingwaisze
lvl.1

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-3 10:15
Out of a 16th floor window with apparently no GPS lock.
From a perfectly still environment to turbul ...

Yap, it was what I experienced. Thanks
2015-10-3
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

That was a really bad idea from the start.

You, and everyone around you, got lucky.

Have you looked into RC Cars? They are fun.
2015-10-5
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem is under normal conditions the copter can not enter or take off in a no fly zone. You confused the logic, simple as that.

DJI can not code around people trying to circumvent the restriction or people wanting to do very poor test. You want to do these type of test then your on your own. Please do not expect DJI to repair or replace your bird when you want to fly out a 16 story window.
2015-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules