Firmware update Interrupted by mistake!!! Happy ending :)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pdani67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362290 ft
Romania

Hi all,

Just want to share my bad experience...while out on a shooting, I forgot to delete the firware upgrade bin file and the Phanton 3 Pro started to do it's firmware update thing...Without realising, I powered down the battery and of course the update was compromise...Trying to power the P3P again but it started to bip LOUD every second or so (BIP, BIP, BIP....) The bip would not stop no matter what! However, on the background of that LOUD bip I could vaguely hear the firmware updating sound (the four bips)...after reading on onternet all sort of ugly stories, some saying the drone has to be sent back to DJI, some saying it will never come back to life again, I found one YoiTube video with a dude that had a similar issue (and I could hear the LOUD bip in his videos too)...bellow on the comments there was one comment saying to leave the P3P to bip for about 15-20 minutes and it will be fine...so, this was my only hope....and it worked (even though, I had to put the P3P in the bathroom with a pillow on top as the noise was unbearable at that time of the day - 11pm)! But hold and behold, after those (long) 15-20 minutes, the P3P stopped from biping and the most beautiful sound could bearly be heard...it was the firmware updating sound that never sounded as sweet before

So, that was my exeprience, a stupid mistake, but it can happen to a few of us

ALL WORKING GREAT AS BEFORE NOW!!!

I wish, they can prevent this from happening in future somehow using app software or something...
2015-10-1
Use props
ag0n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

There are many threads throughout this forum telling about how to recover from a bad upgrade and loud beeping.  Happened to me the first time I did it.  I just started over and let it run.  It took care of itself eventually and all was happy again.  After that, there were lots of new threads on the same subject.  I didn't do it late at night though.    I just closed it in the bedroom while watching TV and checked it now and then.
2015-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules