Top Mods for Phantom 3 Pro
28395 6 2015-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sanjeevajoshi
lvl.2

United States

noob here, just bought P3 Pro.  Learning a lot from this forum, thanks all!  What are the top recommended mods and accessories for the P3 Pro to keep it running well for a long time?  Or as precaution?

Here's my list so far:

1.  Zip ties for arms

2.  UAVBits strong arm

3.  UAVBits carbon fiber gimbal / camera protector (connects the landing gear)

4.  Carbon fiber DJI props

5.  Balancer from Amazon to do vertical and horizontal prop balance

I am not sold on the prop guards.

Anything else?  Might be a good sticky to have top mods listed by model.  Not implying they are required in every case but perhaps as a no regret list.

I have built and flown park flyers before, quads with FPV seem so much more fun and easier to use.  I fumbled on the firmware upgrades but after an eternity of incessant beeps of various kinds the updates went through

2015-10-1
Use props
ksunsingh
lvl.2

United States

i would recommend an IMU calibration and gimbal calibration after a firmware update. others can chime in on this.  

i was getting a gimbal error in between a firmware update and calibrating the IMU+gimbal for a second time.  camera shook while flying high on day 3 and i thought the drone was crashing while looking at the screen lol, felt my heart drop faster than what i thought the drone was doing, flight was fine though, only camera was jerking.

seems like if they made rims for Phantoms you would want to get them! =] pls post a pic after you get all that stuff on!

I ordered prop guards in my initial order but dont use them. i gather they inhibit flying, put stress on the arms, and dont offer much protection unless your indoors.  should have gotten cf props instead =/

i fly stock ... might add cf and a sticker
2015-10-1
Use props
quikdom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Stickers on the bird saying if found and a phone number.
2015-10-2
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

windsurfer antennae booster
2015-10-2
Use props
suhailimtiaz
lvl.1

United States

All good tips... One other thing to consider at some point down the road is an HDMI module for your Remote.  It will allow you to feed out a live view of whatever your aircraft camera is capturing onto a separate screen.  Very easy installation... Click the link below for a detailed video series on how to do the upgrade as well as how to completely disassemble and reassemble your aircraft if you ever have to do major repairs due to a major crash etc:     
2015-10-6
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

You really need to fly this thing.  Safely and consistently.
Get some good photographs.
Produce some good videos.
Maybe 100 flights without hitting anything, before you need to buy any of this stuff.
2015-10-6
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

I wouldn't bother with strong arm kits or prop guards they are a waste of cash imo and degrade performance.You could get an after marker antenna its not just about flying long distance having strong signal even in a congested area is a huge benefit.
2015-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules