Is the Phantom 3 the new Terrorist's Tool?
1649 18 2015-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
duey101
lvl.2

Indonesia

According to Peter Singer and Vice.Com it is...

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/tomorrows-terrorist

I would not be very happy if I was DJI and saw this article.  Not happy at all.  This is the last thing us owners need.

2015-10-2
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perfect! Thank Peter Singer for planting the thought in their so-called minds!
2015-10-2
Use props
Prometheus Xex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178068 ft
Canada

Don't worry.... Even they can't overlook the fact a drone can be used for bad. This is obvious to most people.
2015-10-2
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hey at least they are using the prop safety guards,  Wouldn't want to hurt bystanders if something goes wrong before getting to the target.
2015-10-2
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Indonesia

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2015-10-2 22:20
Hey at least they are using the prop safety guards,  Wouldn't want to hurt bystanders if something g ...

Maybe the new FW will have an automatic Jihad function.  POI > Infidel > Follow> Lock> Execute>

Then the lady's voice on the controller says "The Jihad point has been updated."  More likely she will say...  "Maximum Jihad point of 25 meters has been reached."
2015-10-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Nice conversation guys. Hopefully not offending our Arab bro's and sis's. ;-)

Okay play nice. . .  Too much free time on your hands?, go flying. Hehe

RedHotPoker
2015-10-2
Use props
CFM01
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Peter 'who" Singer... Does this man have intelligence?
Drones like most flying objects - it's a balance between weight, lift and flying time.
Currently our small drones would not be able to carry much of a payload and at the same time gain height and a considerable flying time.
2015-10-2
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Current DJI drones cannot carry a significant payload.  The article is BS.
2015-10-2
Use props
nabesarawak
lvl.2

Malaysia

Anti drone laser... watch out ! http://www.popsci.com/boeing-unveils-compact-anti-drone-laser
2015-10-2
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-10-2 14:43
Nice conversation guys. Hopefully not offending our Arab bro's and sis's. ;-)

Okay play nice. . .   ...

There's no offense......
I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct. I’ve been challenged by so many people and I don’t, frankly, have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time, either.
— Donald Trump
“No dumb b....... ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb b....... die for his country.”
George S. Patton Jr.
2015-10-2
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Joe Blow Posted at 2015-10-3 09:43
There's no offense......
I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct. I ...

Hey RF,  here is the best explanation of political correctness:

copies of four telegrams between then-President Harry Truman and Gen Douglas MacArthur on the day before the actual signing of the WW2 Surrender Agreement in September 1945..  The contents of those four telegrams below are exactly as received at the end of the war - not a word has been added or deleted!

(1) Tokyo,Japan    0800-September 1,1945
To: President Harry S Truman
Tomorrow we meet with those yellow-bellied bastards and sign the Surrender Documents, any last minute instructions?

(2) Washington, D C   1300-September 1, 1945
To: D A MacArthur
Congratulations, job well done, but you must tone down your obvious dislike of the Japanese when discussing the terms of the surrender with the press, because some of your remarks are fundamentally not politically correct!

(3) Tokyo, Japan     1630-September 1, 1945
To: H S Truman
Wilco Sir, but both Chester and I are somewhat confused, exactly what does the term politically correct mean?

(4) Washington, D C     2120-September 1, 1945
To: D A MacArthur/C H Nimitz
Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!

Now, with special thanks to the Truman Museum and Harry himself, you and I finally have a full understanding of what 'POLITICAL CORRECTNESS' really means...
2015-10-2
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

Ray.......now that is spot on!
2015-10-3
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Indonesia

Joe Blow Posted at 2015-10-3 09:43
There's no offense......
I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct. I ...

Ha ha ha... I agree F@#& political correctness.  Fortunately I live where it really doesn't exist.  People are way to sensitive and baby like these days either having a whinge, having a sook, or having a F#$&%*! cry about it.  As our recently departed friend Chopper Ried would have said...  "Harden The F@%# Up America!"  (or any other country where whining whingers exist).

2015-10-3
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Indonesia

duey101 Posted at 2015-10-3 22:31
Ha ha ha... I agree F@#& political correctness.  Fortunately I live where it really doesn't exist. ...

Let's see how long it takes for the PC Police to ban this thread...
2015-10-3
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

duey101 Posted at 2015-10-3 10:37
Let's see how long it takes for the PC Police to ban this thread...

I'll hold the door for them so it doesn't hit them on the way out.
2015-10-3
Use props
agrewe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Breaking news: Terrorists use cars, guns, shovels, rocket propelled grenades and all kinds of things. They use the internet to spread their propaganda.

Just like their opponents.

So why should anyone be surprised if at some point they'll use a drone for something?

At this point I should think it's more likely they'll use it to film a propaganda video. The payload a current consumer drone can carry is just too low. I might be completely wrong, but I doubt just having a bit of explosives go bang in the air isn't going to cause much useful damage for them. Although it would likely cause the desired FUD.
2015-10-3
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

faster/ heavier lifting drones can be built cheaper then what DJI is putting out so i seriously doubt DJI is going to go any further then just updating no fly zones
2015-10-8
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

they would probably prefer the Inspire 1
2015-10-8
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

"Quadcopters don't kill people...people..."  I can hear it all not.   Ugh.
2015-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules