NEW: litchi 2.2.1 - The perfect APP?!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Emilevdw
lvl.1

Sint Maarten

Litchy just released the latest version 2.2.1 and with that, they took away -for most- the last bottleneck with the new ''advanced camera settings and shooting modes'' features.
Looking at all the other features, they are or similar or better according to most on the forum.

What do you think, is it time to spend some extra money and fly with Litchi and if so why?

Thanks!

2015-10-2
Use props
JerEl
lvl.2

Poland

I love the Litchi app and don't ever fly with the GO app anymore but I do use the GO app to check for updates calibrate compass, check sensors, check batteries, and set up the camera.  But other than that I fly with Litchi.  The ability to set up missions without plugging up to the controller and starting everything is a big plus for me.  

To some folks the voice info is annoying but for me I love it so set it up in the menu to "talk" more often while many others turn it all off.  I do get random crashes on both apps but it's much less than the GO app and now that I think about it the new version hasn't crashed yet.

If you know how (I don't) you could set up a vote on the different apps which would give more of us a better idea of which one is the best.
2015-10-21
Use props
AlienWarrior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1047201 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Litchi has some great features however it doesn't inspire confidence when it hangs. DJI Go has never hung and therefore I feel far more confidence using Go. Litchi hung the other day while i was over water and the RTH function failed to initiate. I kept calm, started GO and recovered.
2015-10-21
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.3
United States

I purchased the Litchi App also thinking all the different modes where there also. I asked them why don't you finish the App for IOS same as Android and they told me they felt it would be there best interest to work on the Mission Hub first. Go figure. I suggested to them to finish the IOS App first then go back to Mission Hub. I myself see no reason to use that Mission Hub. You plan all mission in the app. So I guess Waypoints is there is for right now. They wouldn't tell me a time frame on adding more modes.
2015-12-31
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

I have flown with Litchi on both the P2 and the P3P exclusively (Android).  I use the DJI Go only for cals and set-up, I have never flown with it.  I really like the LItchi app and the features it offers.  I have never had any problems while flying with the app.  It has never crashed or not performed as advertised.
2015-12-31
Use props
RodB
lvl.2

Australia

12. I won't have Internet access where I want to fly, will I still be able to see the maps?

If you cache the maps prior to the flight, you will be able to see them even when offline. To cache maps while connected to Internet, drag the map around where you are planning to fly, zoom in and zoom out. You can exit Litchi in between but avoid restarting the mobile device as it may clear the cache.

From the FAQ , does this mean if I cache maps from my home internet connection that l cannot turn off my Nexus 7 tablet before I fly ?

And what if I want to fly in remote areas how can I pre cache maps that I may want days after I had internet connection .
2015-12-31
Use props
0DRK3RT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

I pulled the trig and downloaded this app today.  I'm gonna say f it and send this thing on a waypoint flight to my in-laws house today.  Hope Litchi doesn't fail me. Leap of faith!
2015-12-31
Use props
jlspitler
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48130 ft

United States

Wish it supported the standard. Do any of these 3rd party Appa plan to support us standard owners in the future. Thinking I should have just bought the advanced.
2015-12-31
Use props
drago_6999
lvl.2

United States

Dumb dumb dumb question, i just found and installed the Litchi app on my android tablet...great so far. I get done goofing with it and go to kill the app, and no exit function or button!!!! How do i exit the dumb app without shutting off my tablet??????
2016-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules