What case will fit with propeller guard installed?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
speedaddict
lvl.1
United States

If I have a propeller guard installed what case will a Phantom 3 fit in?
2015-10-2
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha speedaddict,

You need to get the "quick release" propeller guards.  They cost $29 and snap in to attaching points installed under the motors.  Be real careful when you change the screws used to hold in the motors.  The wrong screw (too long) and you can burn the motor.  My P3 fits in the hard-shell backpack, but I had to cut out some small blocks of foam where the clips screw in.  Unfortunately, you have to carry the guards themselves separately because the backpack does not have the volume.  The guards install in 15-30 seconds - faster than the propellers.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-3
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Yes - don't buy a case with that much extra room - it would be too large for practical purposes! Besides, as you grow in confidence you will start to fly without guards and gain better flight times and better handling Of course, for indoor use you will want to use the guards to save your wallpaper -
2015-10-3
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

go professional cases makes a nice case to house the phantom with guards.  That would be my pick.  Everything they make is top notch.  
2015-10-3
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

There aren't many cases that'll fit the Phantom with props guards attached. The few that do exist aren't the best available. The case by Koozam is probably the most commonly used.
2015-10-3
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha dlongcamp,

Do you have a link for one of those cases so I can see what it looks like?

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-3
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2015-10-4 05:58
Aloha dlongcamp,

Do you have a link for one of those cases so I can see what it looks like?

Here is a complete list of cases that I created....all of my lists have links...including the Kazaam case that holds prop guards....there is a backpack and a hard case in the list:

[STICKY] Comprehensive list of cases for DJI Phantom 3 Professional and Advance
2015-10-3
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Flight Raptor,

OK, you win!  Hey, that is quite a list you have got there.  Very good resource for DJI pilots.  Even the clip-on prop guards can find a home in that list.  Just pick a pack that has room for the guards when they are off.  It will be much smaller and more maneuverable in small spaces.  Good job!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules