P3 Pro Controller Not Working!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RC Noob
lvl.2

United States

Help!  I accidentally aborted a firmware upgrade for my P3 Pro controller and it wont work.  Is there a way to reset this without sending back to the factory?
1.  When i power it on, all controller lights come on and they stay
2.  Phone can connect to the controller via DJI Go App but there is no prompt for firmware upgrade.  If I go to about, it says v 1.1.5 for RC
3.  I tried downloadinng v1.3 onto micro SD card (yes, formatted 3 times), and then tried to feed it via micro SD USB reader connected to the bigger USB port on controller.  failed
4.  Aircraft had been previously successfully upgraded to v1.4.  I tried using the micro SD which has v1.3 in the camera slot of the aircraft, and connecting the micro USB from aircraft to the bigger USB port on controller.  This failed as well.
5.  I tried RC link from controller to aircraft just to see if it would connect, and it does not.  My other controller (on RC v 1.3) connects to this aircraft just fine and has no issue

I think i need to somehow do a hard reset of the controller so i can reinstall some recent version of firmware on it either over the air via DJI Go or through micro SD.  Is there a way to do this without sending this back to the factory??  Bummed.  

2015-10-3
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Hmm not sure about being able to reset the r/c but I no for aborted firmware upgrades to the bird you just leave the firmware in the bird for like 15mins then the upgrade process will begin.
Worth a try on the r/c leave  the firmware on the usb in your r/c for 15 and see if it does the same.Also check what model r/c you have a or b model and download the related firmware.
2015-10-4
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

try this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2497034
2015-10-4
Use props
RC Noob
lvl.2

United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2015-10-4 08:05
try this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2497034

Wow!! Thank you Mad_Angler1 - this solved it for me!  I was planning on spending time on the phone and doing an RMA.

In my case, model B, OTA only (did not know that).  Purely out of instinct I had tried rebooting while holding C1 and C2 down but ofcourse that did not work.  Holding C1, C2, record and scroll down while rebooting worked!  But for some reason I had to do it 3 times.  The cyan color also got darker each time, not sure why.  But third time, my iPad mini called out the upgrade necessary to the RC and in 2 mins I was done!

Thanks again.  I wish they had included this somewhere.  Even the two techs I emailed did not know about the subtleties of A or B or the trick to essentially get it going again.

Love this forum!  Thanks all.
2015-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules