Android app???
3106 12 2014-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marcel.king
New

United Kingdom

Does anyone know if DJI will be releasing a app for Android as there are more android users now than apple, it is in their interest to do this they will sell a lot more ground stations.

regards
2014-12-17
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

Don't know if we have this schedule now. But since many users express this requirement, of course we will make a consideration!
2014-12-17
Use props
dadog3203-bbs
New

Thailand

i wonder what  to consider?.
An android users now more than apple users.... that is enough said
a bigger audience, why not?
2014-12-22
Use props
rwskinner
lvl.1

United States

Use Rad Studio ands use the same code to compile for Io's. Android. And Windows!
2014-12-22
Use props
duppencf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1324019 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not only have I not bought the ground station due to lack of android support, but I'm about to buy a non-dji flight controller for my next rig so that I can use all my android tablets and phone with it. Supporting android is probably the single biggest thing dji could do to make me choose their products.
2015-1-30
Use props
nig_smith.o2
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I would welcome an Android App for the Datalink with arms open wide.
In this part of the World the Apple version is of such low resolution and about fourteen years out of date it renders the Groundstation near enough unusable.

I would also like to see the use of the flight restrictions in line with those used on the Phantom and Inspire flight controllers, i.e. progressive altitude limits rather than the complete disablement  of the application in a five mile radius of an airport. My BMFA affiliated model flying club, along with two others, fall within one of these DJI no fly zones and the irony is that my Groundstation will not work but it's still possible to fly a Phantom over the end of the main runway as this is more than 1.5miles from the centre of the no fly zone.

I've included two pictures to show the difference between the images on the Apple App and those of a competing Android App. In the Apple image the car in my driveway was sold 12 years ago.

Regards

Nidge

Apple Image

Apple Image

Android Image

Android Image
2015-2-3
Use props
mark97564.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Support android! Apple sucks!  4 of my friends won't buy dji stuff until android is better supported with their products...  I personally love dji products but it would be easier to use and cheaper if I could use my android products with my naza instead of lugging a laptop every place..  Please dji make android happen on the ground station and the naza Assistant btu software!

Thank You,

Mark
2015-2-7
Use props
jawmendr.gmail
New

United States

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. Android  for Ground Station!. What is taking DJI so long?
2015-2-15
Use props
jawmendr.gmail
New

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2014-12-18 14:12
Don't know if we have this schedule now. But since many users express this requirement, of course we ...

Please give us an update on Ground Station for Android.
Thanks
2015-2-15
Use props
petrige
lvl.1

Sweden

I consider to buy an Inspire, and I just need one, but I must await until the android app is available.
2015-2-19
Use props
john.email
New

Australia

I want Android
2015-2-19
Use props
coinfaslab.gmai
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153343 ft
Italy

same question, android me too
2015-2-21
Use props
JerEl
lvl.2

Poland

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2014-12-18 14:12
Don't know if we have this schedule now. But since many users express this requirement, of course we ...

Could you check to see if DJI has "this schedule now" as I'm waiting for an Android app to work with my new Samsung Note 4 before I but the DJI Ground Station.  I haven't ever owned an Apple product and have no intention of every buying one.
DJI could probably double the number of Ground Stations sold if there was an Android app.  Maybe Apple is big in China but in the states, not so much.  Actually, from what I can find on the Net, Android has well over 50% of the market.
So the question is why not?
2015-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules