UAV Bits - strong arm motor screws can become loose
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RC Noob
lvl.2

United States

i have the strong arms installed on my P3P - but I forgot to add nail polish as a weak to medium thread locker.

As recommended by UAVbits I have been checking the screws on each arm after each flight.  I am finding that due to vibration some of the motor screws do end up less than tight. I have been tightening about half of them roughly.  They are not loose enough to come off but I like them really snug (not over tightened).

So remember to check and tighten and also use a little nail polish before you set the motor screws ( I will do it next time).
2015-10-10
Use props
SFGiants24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394524 ft

United States

I have installed prop guards, and when I pulled the original screws they were definitely snug and had blue thread locker on them. I reinstalled the new screws with a little thread locker on them and snugged them. I see some people are saying "hand tight" is good, but I think there is a lot of torque in the area (hence the cracking). So, how tight is tight enough?
2015-12-13
Use props
RC Noob
lvl.2

United States

Nail polish is your friend.  I used a little dab of nail polish fifty flights ago, all this loosening went away permanently.
2015-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules