How many time did u have an accident with your drone?
1432 5 2015-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

Hey Guys,

Just got my P3A from couple of days ago and I would like to know if it's normal to crash it and survive or all the crashes are fatal? I feel scared to crash my $1k investement

How many time did u crash your drone and it survives?

2015-10-12
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Just had my first after three months of use.  Not fatal, but there is damage that I'm waiting for parts to replace.  If the obvious bad parts don't fix the problem, it will be sent in.  No visible damage other than parts I ordered, about $23 worth.  The FRAGILE item is the GIMBAL ASSEMBLY.  Be very protective of it.  It can break or bend when no other damage is done.
2015-10-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Well, some posts on a forum can scare you. cause it's like a hospital here, most of the people coming here because they have  problems with their drones, but this is just a minority of all the DJI users.  Vast majority of our pilots not experiencing  any issues and enjoying their phantoms and inspires  all over the world.  However, this is not a toy, so you have to be careful, and fly safe.  Educate yourself on a forums and fly more. BTW you can check some pre-flight checklists, which would be useful for a new pilot
2015-10-12
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's normal to crash toy (cheap) drones however models with a camera and gimbal should be crashed as little as possible (never)....

I have had 3 different Phantoms and never really crashed them - other than a mishap from perhaps a few feet high.

The key is to learn everything you can - educate yourself and practice with the simulator and with cheap (toy) models. Only use the Phantom when you actually want to take particular video or picture - not for an everyday flyer.
2015-10-12
Use props
Dkpilot
lvl.1

Indonesia

Had only 1 crash so far an a few close calls in the 3 months that Ive had the P3P. Crash was minor, no real damage. Was coming down for a landing and line up with a rock so I moved to P3 to right to avoid the rock though to my own fault I didnt let go of the left joy stick and was still coming down so the drone did a nice little cartwheel onto its top. Scratched up the props a little and had to use pressured air to blast out a little sand but drone still flys fine.  Though for close calls trimmed a trees leaves once and near smashed into a tree when I was bring the drone back at full speed and low to the ground though let go of the accelerator just in time and was able to climb enough to avoid collision.
2015-10-12
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Just got flipped 2x on the beach during landing... I went CSC which is wrong... should do the left stick downwards..  Nothing happened just sands on the motors so I just vacuumed it..
2015-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules