Issue updating controller please help!
723 6 2015-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michael_75
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all, this is my first post and unfortunatley not a positive one.
I am trying to update the firmware to my controller for the first time (yes i'm a newbie to drones). I followed all the steps, ensured controller is fully charged, that the correct firmware (P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin) has been added to a pre-formatted SD card. Inserted the SD into the controller then switched on.

It's my understanding that after switching on the controller after a minute or so beeping should start which it does, after which the red light should turn blue and the firmware should update. However all that is happening is the beeping continues with the red led light on until the unit eventually switches itself off.

Can anyone help me please?
(i have included a short video of the beeping i am getting)

2015-10-13
Use props
eaton2001
lvl.1

United States

If you have one of the new released controller you don't can't update it with the ad card. It can only be done thru the dji go app. On the back of the controller there is a model number. If it is a GL300B then that's how you have to do it. I hope this helps. Fly safe and have fun!  Please keep us updated. Thanks
2015-10-13
Use props
CFM01
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Mine did this exact same thing. You can try many times but it will not up grade.
First, you need to make sure you have updated your phantom.
Switch your fantom off
Then, make sure you have the latest DJI App
Then connect your controller to the app and it will tell you you need to upgrade and the download link for FireWire to the controller will appear on one of the menus.
Download with the controller connected to the app and it will complete the upgrade.
I believe the button to upgrade maybe on the about menu.
2015-10-13
Use props
TK Trooper
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Nice one guys, thank you so much, really thought i either had a faulty controller or worse, that i had done something wrong to screw it up.
Yes i do have the number you mentioned by Eaton2001 (GL300B)
Switched on the controller after connecting to the iphone (Drone was already updated to the latest firmware 1.4). Sure enough there was a message saying RC needed updating, clicked that and it started to update. All seems good now. Thanks again guys
2015-10-13
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've found it doesn't want to work with my SD card reader, but is fine with the file on a USB flash drive.
Perhaps the reader is too slow (it was a cheap one!)
I normally download the card via an inbuilt slot on the desktop PC.
Seems to be sorted anyway.
2015-10-13
Use props
Apollos98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12211 ft
Malaysia

eaton2001 Posted at 2015-10-14 02:24
If you have one of the new released controller you don't can't update it with the ad card. It can on ...

Eaton, I desperately need some help updating the firmware on my new phantom 3 pro controller. The back of my remote has the "GL300B" note. I have tried using the sd card, thumb drive and direct connection to the drone. All to no avail. As you said, it can only be done through the dji GO app. Can you or anyone else guide me step by step, please? I have downloaded the dji GO app on my Samsung tablet. I connected it to the controller but there was no message saying "you need to update" PLEASE HELP!
2015-11-16
Use props
Apollos98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12211 ft
Malaysia

Apollos98 Posted at 2015-11-17 11:10
Eaton, I desperately need some help updating the firmware on my new phantom 3 pro controller. The  ...

hi, Thanks folks, I have managed to update the remote controller, thanks to you guys.
2015-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules