DJI Vision app and GoPro hero3+
6425 10 2014-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alagami
New

Denmark

ok! This is properly going to be a pretty stupid question for you guys. But i am a newbie, so please bear with me;)...

I just bought a used kit containing the Phantom 2. Not the latest version with the updated controller. 6 months old.
Included is the Zenmuse H3-3D and a Gopro hero3 plus Black edition.
Also there a IOSD-mini and a 7" FPV monitor.

So while waiting for the mail to arrive, i bought the Learn-to video from Photoshop Café. Link is: http://photoshopcafe.com/video/products/DJI_Phantom.-drone-photography-video.htm

In this video he primarily uses the Vision+. And he constantly uses the DJI Vision app to take pictures, start video etc..

Now, my question is if this is only possible when using the Vision+, or is it also possible to uses this app with the ZenMuse H3-3D and the GoPro 3 camera aka my setup?

If not, the how do you take pictures and start/stop video-recording and how do you change camera-settings?

2014-12-18
Use props
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

Only way is to buy the Drone Expert quick release system. Go to www.motorcitydronecompany.com if you are in the usa. Or www.droneexpert.nl to buy direct.
2014-12-18
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Strangely enough the Vision app only works with the Vision Phantoms, even the Drone Expert swap does not allow you to start and stop recording while in the air.
2014-12-18
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

The quick release is for the Vision+ not the normal Phantom 2. You really can't change settings, snap pictures, or start/stop recording while in the air with the Gopro. But, that's not really a big deal. Just start recording before you take off and you can edit the video later. For stills, set it to snap a pic every x number of seconds. And don't even think about using the Gopro's WiFi on your P2. It will interfere with the transmitter as they both use 2.45Ghz.
2014-12-18
Use props
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

Apologies for my earlier post, I missed the P2, P2 V+ thing. According to drone expert you WILL be able to control the go pro with their quick release system with a zen muse gimbal. But time will tell.
2014-12-18
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

rceagle1@gmail. Posted at 2014-12-19 01:06
Apologies for my earlier post, I missed the P2, P2 V+ thing. According to drone expert you WILL be a ...

You can control the vertical movement of the gimbal from the app with the quick connect. But, you can't start/stop recording, change settings, or snap photos on the Gopro with it.
2014-12-18
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

This is off topic but I have two questions:
   1) alagami -- how would you rate that how-to set of video tutorials compared to the user manual in terms of clarity and helpfulness?
   2) DJI -- when are you going to have a BFO (Blinding Flash of the Obvious) and create something similar?!?  Just imagine how easy it would be to answer questions with "see video 14 at the 5min:14sec mark"  [Rhetorical ventilation complete]
2014-12-18
Use props
alagami
New

Denmark

Thankyou for all your help. Thankfully i've learned a lot of the last couple of weeks. I've read up on a lot regarding DJI products.
So, my apologies for my rather "newbie'ish" question. Also been flying a lot;-)...

@gil, from a newbie POV a lot could be done from DJI to make things more clear. Then again, maybe it should be before people buys into DJI products. Before i bought anything, i was trying to figure out the pro's and con's of Phantom 2 vs. Vision+. I really had a hard time figuring it out. It wasn't so obvious which way to go.

Having done quite a lot og flights now, the optimal solution to me, as a semi-pro-wannabee, would be to have two drones. A Phantom 2 with a Gopro camera for video recording, and a Vision+ for Photography where i can plan, preview and shoot my images.

;)Lars
2015-1-13
Use props
filmworx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apparently you can use the wifi remote to control the GoPro with dronexpert adapter. The vision+ as opposed to standard phantom uses a different frequency and shouldn't interfere. (apparently)
2015-1-14
Use props
parti
lvl.1

Hungary

hi,

2015-1-14
Use props
parti
lvl.1

Hungary

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-12-19 12:30
This is off topic but I have two questions:
   1) alagami -- how would you rate that how-to set of v ...

2015-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules