UPDATE FOX5 News 2the rescue working on CNN ,DJi you will answer for your Neg...
1123 5 2015-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pheonixf
lvl.1

United States

If i was honestly in the mood i would re write the whole spool on what happened and how it go me to the current position i'm in , in order to make along story short i will just say this
i purchased my unit on 8/28/15 , it was returned on 8/30/15 for a new unit , because the first one was unresponsive to the remote controller after updating to the then current firmware, the seller exchanged it with no issues at all and i was flying by the next day . On 9/7/15 labor day only 6-8 days after my purchased , my bird took a 360 degree nose dive from 119ft in the sky while i was ascending to take pictures , the damage was heart breaking (twisted frame, broken gimbal cord, broken joint, amongst other things ). After getting over the initial shock i packed it up and made my way home . The next day i called  dji , as well as emailed them, luckily i did both because i have yet to receive a response from the initial email i sent and still to this haven't received one , go figure.
Now before i go on allow me to make one thing clear , i am not here to bash DJI on things that haven't gone my way , or because i don't like them or their product. i am writing this post as well as any other steps taken to bring awareness to the lack of concern given to customers , when DJI is more than at fault. I say this for two reasons, first being ,that although my unit was repaired by DJI after its unexplained crash it was repaired with out the cause being explained or even mentioned even once. Now as many of you sit here and read this , i'm betting that in the back of your head ( in front for the Smart allecks ) you telling yourself , " it must have been user error " well i assure you it was not , and the flight log are locked in to show it.
The second reason is DJI inexplicable ability to not  have or stop communication with their customers , when DJI is in the wrong for such things as product malfunction , or neglectful errors sustained while being repaired . To this i offer mu returned unit as evidence.

My unit was returned to me 16 days after it was received by DJI and honestly i was more than impressed with the return time , considering the number of threads I've read that he suggested it would take much longer to get back. The feeling of admiration left rather quickly as i took my unit out for inspection. Upon inspecting it i found that my Inspire 1 carrying case was unable to open or close from one zipper due to the fact that it was taken completely of the track. i went on to find that my remote controller was returned with scratches and dings ( but why when its was only 8 days old and has never been dropped by me ), this didn't make me smile one bit , continuing i went on to notice that the gimbal cover to the camera was missing as well the filter that was sent in with it. All this made me call DJI once again , and when i did the response i got from the phone rep, left me a bit flabbergasted i was told by the rep to take pictures of my claims , reply to the email that contained the RMA that was sent to me  attaching the pictures and someone from DJI will contact me within a week . i did all that i was told and still i have yet to receive any contact from DJI , Aside from a kind employee here on the forum by the name of DJIBlade i think . his help put me at ease for a bit , but like most of the communication i have had with DJI ,it stopped .
So instead of feeling sorry for myself and waiting for DJI to deem me worthy of a response let alone an explanation , i decided to go out and test my units flight , and if i said that all went well i would def be lying , When  is took my unit out of the box for the first time sine its return, and placed it on the floor , i noticed that only 3 legs out of 4 are actually touching the ground the 4th legs is raised by 1/2 inch like a crooked table . then when i proceeded to take the unit out of traveling mood i noticed two very distinctive things i had never seen nor noticed prior to its repair or crash.
When exiting travel mode the bird actually shifts its body towards the right as the units is transforming , leaving it at a different orientation than i had it , and most noticeably was the sound coming from the gears as the unit transformed , the gears sound as if they are having a hard time doing what they are suppose to do, although they eventually get the job done.
For me that was and is the last straw especially since i have patiently waited for a reply of any kind addressing my issue, instead i was
blatantly ignored and made to feel like a waste of time , now considering that my money has just helped make your company and its share holders a bit richer, i don't think it would take to much time out of your day to address issues that can in fact halt any more money coming into your bank account .
I took it upon myself to share this story with a friend as i have with any who are reading this , fate would have it that my friend just so happens to have a close relationship with a popular news anchor here in NYC , so it was nothing fo her to pass along my number , and within 2 days i received a call from him asking when we could meet up and discuss this , especially since drones are always in the news these days. We met for lunch the following day which was yesterday , and i was told that he would take the story and run it by his producer , she loved the story and is now in Full gear getting the story together , and asked if i could provide anyone else who may have shared my experience , which brought me to write this post.

So i say to you all who have been neglected , or forgotten by DJI and their superiors when you need them the most ,stand up and speak and let your story be told , lets send  a clear and direct message to DJI that we will not stand for this type of treatment and demand that they provide a better and more people friendly customer service ,as well as showing a bit more concern for their customers who are he reason they are in business the first place .

This news story is merely the first step in what will be a revolution of sorts to the little people like myself at the bottom of he DJI totem pole ,
A youtube video documenting all that was said in this post is in the works and will be available by next week, a twitter , Facebook, and google + account have also been set up and will go live the same day as the Video, using the #DJIMUSTRESPECTUS or #DJIDoesntCare we will aim to bring the attention and issues that matter to the faces that hide from us at DJI

Once again i am not mad nor am i throwing a tantrum i am simply trying to fight for the respect i deserve , that and also get my monies worth from the product that cost so much to begin with. at one point a simple explanation would have done it for me , but now i want my money back regardless of how much i love the product , and all due DJI and their process of handling and ignoring the customers . It sounds stupid to most but you try gaining the confidence back in flying and in the company after what i have experienced, you try not feeling as if #DJIDOESNTCARE only then will you realize that #DJIMUSTRESPECTUS

***Update 10/20/15***
a day after creating this pos i was contacted by a DJI rep who claimed my issue had been brought to his attention , i kindly explained to him the issues i was facing. Afterwards he instucted me to send my unit in yet again, i did nt like that suggestion and i made that clear to him that i wasnt confrotable waiting yet another momth to recieve my unit back, he assured me that would no be the case , as my unit would be placed into a different category of repairs and would not be subject to the normal timline that regular repairs experience , he then issued me a Return Shipping label , which he assured me would be recieved the next day by fed-ed express, and that once it arrived t DJI it would be delivered directly to his desk the moment it was delivered.
I'd love to say that he didnt stick to his word , but he did in part . Everything he said would happen did happen up until it reached DJI 24hrs ago and no one has yet to notify me tht it has been recieved , now if you remember i explaind before that this very thing happened last time, and i received an email only after i called and inquired ( not to mention inform them that my unit had been signed for  ) why my unit hadnt been checked in yet ,and why no notification. I was told then that my unit had not be signed in yet due to a backlog in deliveries ( yea it sounded funny to me as well  but what happended next was funnier), to my surprise an hour after that call i checked my email , and found a message stating that my unit was checked in and had begun the repair process.  With that in mind i cant help but wonder when i will recieve a call, or any type of notifcation that my unit has in fact been checked in .. I also wonder why it would take me calling for them to honor their own word , i purposely allowed 24hrs to pass patrtially because i had faith that they would come thru and actually follow their protocols, but mostly becasue i wanted to give them the space to maek my case for me.

So now i'm at this , its been 24hrs since my unit was delivered to DJI and no type of communication, the person who called me  wasnt to eager to give me a number to contact him with in the event something like this happened ( and it did ). All emails once again go unanswered and honestly is pisses me off . As of today i have literally had my unit in my possession no more than 2 weeks even tho it was purchased on 8/28/15 considering the travel time for repairs and the time spent both times at DJI .  

Ive documented all of this and handed most of it over to the Reporter building story . ive also made good on my promise and started recordingth footage needed to show my issues to you all. All this will be available once this second repair process is completed , because i do believe in having all the facts and what not , that and i'd like to keep hope that DJI will redeem themsleves and rectify this issue.
2015-10-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is your last RMA number or ticket number?
2015-10-16
Use props
baker2955
lvl.2
Flight distance : 624980 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well written.  But in order for DJI to get the message we need to stop purchasing their products!!
2015-10-17
Use props
Pheonixf
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-16 10:14
What is your last RMA number or ticket number?

i don't know whether its a big coincidence or luck of the draw , but one day after this posting , i received a a phone call from a blocked number , when i answered to my surprise it was an Rep from Dji, he told me that my issue had been brought to his attention, after explaining to him in length the issues i was having he requested i return the unit and he would personally see to its repairs .
I did as requested and sent it out yesterday .
2015-10-17
Use props
Pheonixf
lvl.1

United States

baker2955@gmail Posted at 2015-10-17 13:03
Well written.  But in order for DJI to get the message we need to stop purchasing their products!!

That is a possible solution , but in my opinion its usually the person who's angry who would cut complete ties . i def do agree with the sentiment you have but i have to admit ( and maybe you feel the same ) that DJi inspire 1 is def a good product , its just certain aspects that  can make a person angry, namely the not so great after sale service some customers are receiving..
i'm disappointed by what ive experienced but not entirely so that i would boycott them, i believe reforming them is a more advanced approach this way the keep making awesome products and we the people keep buying , knowing that they actually care about us.  
2015-10-17
Use props
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

I am looking to buy 3 more drones for a project I have here and I am thinking seriously to buy YUNEEC Q500 4K. My phantom advanced works really good and I am glad I don't need to call the support (so far) . I tried to talk to the pre-sales support to ask them some question and they were really really bad.

DJI has to know that they are not the only Drone is the maket as before, lot of company now starts to have decent drones very close to phantom and very soon they will be even better and if those companies offer good customer service, people will not hesitate to go to them.

I was comparing between 3dr solo and Yuneec but I like more Yuneec and they have decent customer service from what I read.
2015-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules