Unable to update 2nd Controller firmware. Help!!!
840 4 2015-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jesserockwell26
New

United States

Hello, I have had my Inspire for about 3 weeks now, and most everything has gone smoothly. I did experience some video downlink issues which I narrowed down to the ribbon cables being loose. But that is fine now.

The big issue I am having is that the 2nd controller (which I bought separately) will not link to the AC. When I connect my phone (Galaxy S5) to it, it prompted me to download new firmware (Great!) but then when the download is complete and I hit "update" it says "device not connected".

So updating through the phone is a no go. I can't find the 1.1.30 controller firmware as a standalone download, is it bundled with the 01.04.00.10 aircraft firmware? I have tried to insert that in the root folder of both a formatted USB stick, as well as USB card reader with formatted 16gb micro sd, and power on the RC. No luck.

I am running out of options here.

One last note, when I first turned on the 2nd RC I would get a purple light. Now since being prompted to download new firmware it will only stay red.....

Pleasse HELP
2015-10-17
Use props
jesserockwell26
New

United States

I have now also tried connecting the controller via usb directly to the Inspire's camera. The Inspire is making the strange low "writing" sounds it makes when updating firmware, but theRC remains solid red.
Edit: Here is the readout from 10 minutes of the RC connected to camera via USB. Not sure if this is the readout from the camera or the RC attempting to update. Either way it's the only thing I've got...

Delete history success.

Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:04 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.10.09 15:26:46 =====================

========== 2015.10.09 15:29:54 =====================

========== 2015.10.09 16:10:23 =====================

2015-10-17
Use props
jesserockwell26
New

United States

I was able to get the 1.1.30 RC firmware off my phone to my computer from the DJI files on my phone. I put it on a fresh USB stick. Still nothing I am starting to lose hope now.....
2015-10-17
Use props
jesserockwell26
New

United States

Controller has been returned to Amazon. Hopefully the next one won't be a lemon....
2015-10-17
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

The 1.1.30 Firmware is for the Phantom 3. You installed Phantom 3 software on your controller.
As you didnt link to the Inspire how should it know you have an Inspire.

If you get a purple light the RC is linked to an other RC as slave but not to an aircraft. However did you link it to your master RC or did you get it like this and its linked to the master RC of the guy who sold it to you.............
2015-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules