Things that keep you from flying - and subsequently P3A for sale
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ruprick
lvl.2

United States

Love most everything about my Phantom 3 Advanced. Even bought two extra batteries and a beautiful backpack for it. I live on a beautiful part of the Hawaiian islands and had big plans for it. Two obstacles prevent me from flying regularly:

1) time consuming hobby. From pre-check, pre-flight and pre-charge to video editing, this hobby demands a lot of time commitment. I have a couple of other hobbies that often compete with my flying time.

2) I don't like to draw attention to myself. I hate feeling like I disrupt someone's beach day or privacy, and I hate garnering attention while flying at flight control. To combat this, I often found myself flying early in the morning.

These two obstacles have prevented me from flying for nearly four months, so it continues to sit protected in my backpack under my table. I have decided to sell my Phantom, is there a for sale section and is it even allowed on this forum?
2015-10-18
Use props
eaton2001
lvl.1

United States

How much are you wanting for it?
2015-10-18
Use props
ruprick
lvl.2

United States

eaton2001 Posted at 2015-10-18 07:46
How much are you wanting for it?

Probably in the $1200 range for everything. Negotiable.
2015-10-18
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-18
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

It is such a shame! You might find that you can 'devote' more time to each of your hobbies depending on the season?

You say the P3 has been sitting idle for four months, ie since June. I guess you probably got your 'bird' sometime in May at the earliest? So, you've only really flown it for about a month or so? I can see from a video you posted that you obviously enjoy flying and video?

Once you've sold it - you might find that you wish you hadn't? Flying early during the 'golden hour' can capture awe inspiring footage and fresh perspectives hitherto unavailable to the amateur and professional alike at such a wonderfully low price point.

I hope that you will be happy with your decision - but I feel that, although your concerns are valid they are but minor 'obstacles' to a new and exciting venture for you and indeed all of us!

Phuglie
2015-10-19
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Flying early in the morning and late afternoon are the best times for photography. Colors are more saturated at that time.
2015-10-19
Use props
richardmartin
lvl.2

United States

Ruprick, I can relate!  I, too, don't really like to draw attention.  Especially if it's potentially going to be negative.  

I also understand the desire to sell an unused hobby asset.  On several occasions I have owned motorcycles that sat in my garage for weeks or months on end, completely unused.  So I sold them, only to feel an empty desire to ride once it was gone.  I really suggest you don't sell your phantom unless you need the money or have a much better use for it.

Seriously, I'm now searching your profile to see what wonderful video you have of Hawaii!  What island are you on?  I love them all, can I come visit?
2015-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules