27363 38 2015-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI released a new firmware for the RC today, version 1.4.30. Here is a video showing the update process.

WWW.PHANTOM-GUIDE.CO.UK
2015-10-21
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 464741 ft
Switzerland

Hi sploodge, can you help me about this problem?
See following forum link (New remote controller firmware).
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid242036
Many thanks in advance
Rolf
2015-10-21
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wrs heli Posted at 2015-10-21 21:35
Hi sploodge, can you help me about this problem?
See following forum link (New remote controller fir ...

Hi Rolf, try the following option to force a reinstall. Also make sure you have a good cable from the iPad to RC.

2015-10-21
Use props
Westside Osprey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

I just updated to 1.4.30 and the DJI app to 2.4.

I did a test flight and everything worked perfectly.

The horizon trim setting works very well,though I have rarely needed it. It can be handy if framing a photo and the wide angle of the lens make things look a bit skewed even though they are not. Just hold the right button down and horizontal and vertical guides in green show up and then you can adjust with the exposure wheel. Very nice, just don't forget to correct if used for effect. It can also be used to give "Dutch Roll" effect to video, while flying, pretty cool.
2015-10-21
Use props
AssHatModerator
lvl.2

United States

Handy reference  for the gaps in DJI's documentation .   (Thanks for all of the great posts you've been making!)
2015-10-21
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

sploodge Posted at 2015-10-21 22:39
Hi Rolf, try the following option to force a reinstall. Also make sure you have a good cable from  ...

Thank you sploodge for your reply.
Have a look to following link where I was starting with my problem
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 3&fromuid=61695

The Key Combination wouldn't start the download of the firmware again, the GO App 2.4.0 tells me that the software is already downloaded and it will start directly the update process and failed at 0%.

For this problem, I'm now under the topic described under the link above (New remote controller firmware).

If you have some other Ideas (and you have a lot ideas and know how in this forum ), please write it under the other topic.
Many thanks, Rolf
2015-10-21
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

Westside Osprey Posted at 2015-10-21 22:56
I just updated to 1.4.30 and the DJI app to 2.4.

I did a test flight and everything worked perfectl ...

Hi Westside Osprey,
I did exactly the opposite.
1. Updatet DJI GO App to 2.4.0
2. tried to update RC from 1.3.20 to 1.4.30
Maybe this was my fault
Thanks, Rolf
2015-10-21
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

So my first attempt to upgrade did not go quite right.  I am using an iPad Air 2.

When I first powered up my controller.  DJI GO did not put up the option to update on the status page.  Nothing.  It was blank.    I shut everything down and tried again.  The second time the status showed that the upgrade was available for the controller.  I downloaded the update successfully.  Next I tapped the upgrade button.  The controller started the three beep tone sequence as expected.  But the progress bar did not move.  After several minutes the application hid the progress bar said the update was NOT successful.  However the controller keeps beeping.  Now what?  Do I shut everything down?  Do I press the upgrade button again?  This was a dangerous situation.  I was afraid I was about to BRICK my controller.

The option to upgrade was still there... So I pressed the upgrade button again.  It showed the progress bar a 0%.  No progress.  After several minutes it stopped gain and said upgrade failed.

So now I am stuck.  I had no choice but to power down the controller and start over.  I Quit the app.  I powered down the controller while it was still beeping.  I made sure to kill the app in app history.  I powered up the controller. I launched DJI GO.  This time the update went exactly as expected.  No issue.  So I guess my advice would be... If it stalls on the first try...  Shut everything down and start over.

Next I did a test flight.  Everything seems to be working as expected.  The new camera gimbal level trick is very handy.  So far it seems to fly OK and the live video is smooth.
2015-10-21
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

Hi sploodge and all other Pilots,
Have a look how I fixed my problem with my RC under following link.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 5&fromuid=61695

Thanks to all
Regards, Rolf
2015-10-21
Use props
mavs88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Mr. Sploodge... is the update-process the same for both the A and B versions of the remote controller, if I may ask...
Kindest regards,

Dr. M.J.M. (Max) Verdoes
2015-10-23
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wrs heli Posted at 2015-10-22 00:30
Hi sploodge and all other Pilots,
Have a look how I fixed my problem with my RC under following link ...

Thanks Rolf, very strange that it would not work with the new App version for you.. I did mine with the latest app..

Glad its working for you..
2015-10-23
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mavs88@home.nl Posted at 2015-10-23 09:33
Mr. Sploodge... is the update-process the same for both the A and B versions of the remote controlle ...

Hi Mavs88, yeah, the process is the same for both A and B controllers..
2015-10-23
Use props
nsa_jamie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 318760 ft
United Kingdom

No issues upgrading my P3A controller. All flights afterwards went well.
2015-10-23
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

I see advanced users get an increase in H/D transmission rate!
2015-10-23
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Rocket_Aus Posted at 2015-10-23 09:04
I see advanced users get an increase in H/D transmission rate!

Can you tell us where did you see this ?
2015-10-23
Use props
mavs88
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

sploodge Posted at 2015-10-23 10:59

Thank you very much for this quick and clear answer!
Now I hope it will work OK and that all will behave like a sweet, Nice, well-working combination of Phantom 3 Pro and remote controller.
I also hope I will not loose signal, which happened to me 2 times during different flights.
The latter at 40 meters distance...
Phantom3 Pro - Apple iPad Air 2…
Take care and thanks again!

Max
2015-10-23
Use props
mavs88
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Thank you very much for this quick and clear answer!
Now I hope it will work OK and that all will behave like a sweet, Nice, well-working combination of Phantom 3 Pro and remote controller.
I also hope I will not loose signal, which happened to me 2 times during different flights.
The latter at 40 meters distance...
Phantom3 Pro - Apple iPad Air 2…
Take care and thanks again!

Max
2015-10-23
Use props
mavs88
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Mr. Sploodge,
Thank you for your quick reply!
I will update as soon as it'll be home and I hope that it will also not happen again that I loose video-signal, which happened to me 2 times during 2 different flights... One at  60 and one at 40 meters distance...
Phantom 3 Pro - Apple iPad Air 2 iOS 9.1 (since today, haven't used this yet)
2015-10-23
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job as always big guy.
2015-10-23
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-24 00:40
Can you tell us where did you see this ?

Go into transmission in the goapp the H/D slider now goes to 10mbs
2015-10-23
Use props
jrudad
lvl.1

Malaysia

I have update rc firmware to 1.4.0. What to do before fly  safely with this new rc firmware
2015-10-23
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jrudad Posted at 2015-10-24 00:52
I have update rc firmware to 1.4.0. What to do before fly  safely with this new rc firmware

No need to do anything, just go fly..
2015-10-24
Use props
Vermontflyer
lvl.2
United States

Hello sorry to ask a stupid question but do I just hook my apple phone with the app to the RC that was updated to the new DJI Go software ,other words no Need to hook to the CPU ?

Regards
2015-10-24
Use props
jrudad
lvl.1

Malaysia

sploodge Posted at 2015-10-24 16:42
No need to do anything, just go fly..

Hi sploodge... before fly... anything need to recalibrate or reset... I am new pilot.. no experience...
2015-10-24
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jrudad Posted at 2015-10-24 23:40
Hi sploodge... before fly... anything need to recalibrate or reset... I am new pilot.. no experien ...

There is nothing that needs calibrating after the RC update. if it flew fine before the firmware, it will be the same after.

But take into account normal calibrations and checks that you should do ( look at the sensor levels before take-off is alwats a good idea )
2015-10-25
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Should Just calibrate the sticks after controller firmware update,

Should be fine but always recommend a calibration after any firmware changes.
2015-10-25
Use props
WA2Sorg
New

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-10-21 16:39
Hi Rolf, try the following option to force a reinstall. Also make sure you have a good cable from  ...

Will this force reset work for the Inspire 1 also?  I have been trying to solve this for 10 hours today.  I just got off the phone with DJI tech support and they could not help

I have app 2.4.0 on Verizon tablet using 4.4.2 android

Remote Control states it is at 1.4.30

Inspire 1 states its at 1.4.30

The RC and I1 are not communicating.

I have gone through a number of firmware updates - since February.
I tried re-installing and I begin this update and it fails after beeping 3 - 5 times

The RC, Tablet, and I1 stopped communicating during the install.

I do not believe it is complete on the RC although it states it is.

I have restarted everything clean.

I know how to link - but don't have the dialogue box to execute.

Help would be greatly appreciated.  I flew once this am before updating firmware -and I've been scouring forums to solve.

I have a paid gig with the I1 tomorrow and am a little concerned.

HELP!
2015-10-26
Use props
Repaid1
lvl.3
United States

WA2Sorg@gmail.c Posted at 2015-10-26 17:06
Will this force reset work for the Inspire 1 also?  I have been trying to solve this for 10 hours  ...

Not sure, if you typed what you meant or did. But if you had the tablet, RC and I1 on at same time you need to learn the proper sequence of which software/firmware to install first and what should be on and off while installing from one unit to the other. You never have the aircraft on while the remote is on and vice versa when installing firmware.
2015-11-30
Use props
maxgladd
New

Indonesia

Hello Brother and Sister,

I would like to ask for help.
I just bought a phantom 3 standard, and last night I do a latest firmware update, here strangeness began to occur. because this morning when I tried to fly. all is fine I can do photos. but when I switch to record video, suddenly written "lost signal" and I can not record video. do you know why is that? and please help me to solve this problem. Thank you for your attention and help.

FYI, I use LG G Pro Lite Dual (LG-D686). I do not know if my mobile phone does not support or because there was a mistake that I made.
2015-12-18
Use props
fredsonst
New

Germany

Hi Sploodge,

these days I've updated my Phantom 3 Advanced to the new firmware; unfortunately I have first updated the RC to the latest FW and then I started to update the P3. Everything went good, the logfile reports no problems, and the app shows the correct new fw versions. But the app says still that I have to update the copter and the batteries. Is that because I updated the RC first and it did not get the right information or something else? Could you please give some help? Thanks in advance!!!

Clear Skies!
Joe
2016-1-6
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fredsonst Posted at 2016-1-6 19:12
Hi Sploodge,

these days I've updated my Phantom 3 Advanced to the new firmware; unfortunately I hav ...

With the Phantom turned on and connected to the App/remote.. In the App go to Settings>General>About and say what versions it says you are running there..
2016-1-6
Use props
HitrackAP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 428176 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry for jumping into this thread. However Sploodge I see you are the resident guru here ha Its related to this firmware. I am currently on 1.1.5 and have been quite happy but now I need to update to the latest firmware. It seems that 1.4 is a good firmware without issues so i would rather try this first. I have searched and searched but really cant find a definitive answer on which path to take to get here. Some say just jump straight to 1.4 some say do every incremental update etc. Im pulling my hair out as need to use Pix4d? Any advice greatly received!  
2016-1-6
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HitrackAP Posted at 2016-1-6 20:55
Sorry for jumping into this thread. However Sploodge I see you are the resident guru here ha  Its  ...

I would do 1.3.2 first if you are on 1.1 - 1.3.2 also has an RC update. Then from here go to 1.4 -

Like you seem to have read, people have different opinions on this
2016-1-6
Use props
kootch88
New
Flight distance : 233927 ft
United States

I updated my drone P3 Pro to 1.10 and have been unable to update the Controller, which is at 1.8. Two questions, will my drone fly correctly and why won;t my controller update by WIFI or a even by a thumb drive with the BIN file loaded?
2016-12-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kootch88 Posted at 2016-12-12 00:28
I updated my drone P3 Pro to 1.10 and have been unable to update the Controller, which is at 1.8. Two questions, will my drone fly correctly and why won;t my controller update by WIFI or a even by a thumb drive with the BIN file loaded?

Because the controller is at the latest version, V1.8.

They are separate devices (aircraft & controller), running separate firmware which gets updated at different times/frequencies.
2016-12-11
Use props
kootch88
New
Flight distance : 233927 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-11 19:51
Because the controller is at the latest version, V1.8.

They are separate devices (aircraft & controller), running separate firmware which gets updated at different times/frequencies.

Okay, I didn't see that anywhere. Thank you Ardvark, for that. Where would I go to know this?
2016-12-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kootch88 Posted at 2016-12-12 00:54
Okay, I didn't see that anywhere. Thank you Ardvark, for that. Where would I go to know this?

The DJI Application will inform you if there are any updates available.

You can list your current App' & firmware builds by looking at 'About' in the 'General Settings' menu (top right of screen, three dots) in DJI Go.
2016-12-11
Use props
curmudgeon
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,First I tried your tip for the RC and gotas far as press the MC button,what is the MC
button.? I tried to fly the drone ,normal preflight procedure and got a strong magnetic field warning and weak transmission signal.Nowhere near anything.Gave up and went to turn off the drone batteryand saw the middle two diodes lit and it refused to turn off.Removed it and two weeks later the middle diodes are still on and refuse to change.The RC when turned on ,red light and persistent beeping which stopped when I followed the first part of your tip and the left dide turnad blue and all was quiet. Then I couldnt suss out the MC thing.
2018-9-7
Use props
fanscfa50768
New
Flight distance : 2152 ft
Sri Lanka

I have phantom 3 Advace  & one week ago I have upgraded firmware on the remote it says complete then I clicked ok and switch off the after a moment when I press the switch to on I dosen’ Work if any one can help me to resolve the problem

Thank you
2018-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules