My P3P was bought 5 months ago, why am I being charged for a warranty repair?!?
1209 10 2015-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harrisyahya1
lvl.1

United States

Pretty simple here. My DJI P3P was bought brand new directly from DJI late May 2015. I had the dreaded no signal/no video feed issue since the firmware update. I tried to troubleshoot it without luck, so I sent it in a few days ago for a warranty repair. The website says the main parts are covered for 6 months. It hasn't even been 5 months since I purchased.

I get an eMail today of them invoicing me $249 for the camera/gimbal and $2 for a landing leg. Why?!? It was never crashed. There are no scratches or cracked. It's hardly seen any use. The warranty should cover this issue. I don't understand why I would have to pay $251 for faulty hardware. I thought the $1250 price tag would cover me for at least 6 months if anything went wrong.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'm pretty frustrated right now. Thanks!
2015-10-22
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry you are having this issue.

Best option would be to call the service centre in the US you sent it to and ask why/

Other option would be to wait and see if Taohe Ed sees the post here, he works at the service centre. maybe he could shed some light for you..
2015-10-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

harrisyahya1, what is your RMA number?  we'll check it
2015-10-22
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

You should have bought it from a local dealer and used their warranty. Like I did. Got a replacement bird after a flyaway.
2015-10-22
Use props
Shon.white
lvl.2

United States

contact dji
2015-10-23
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

On august i've experimented a fly away from my phantom, a few days after being updated with 1.3.20 FW.
Mine P3A was one month old,36610 meters on "his"flight log and never experienced a crash nor problem before.
I experienced a great delay in data trasmission and loss of signal on RC very often,no signal,wake signal ecc....
I was landing my P3A when signal was loss, with non chance to recover it,i was at about 20 meters from my P3 no obstacole between me and him, but still without signal,and flew away,i guess because after 10 seconds without signal, the RTH function start and as you can imagine i flew away and crashed,the RC was not working...at all.
Now DJI gave me the BILL,more than 300 euros to get it back and i have 15 days of time to accept this sentence.
So the question is: is warranty only a word meaningless?
I wasn't doing a slalom between trees nor flying it in a irresponsible way,in that case onestly speaking,i would have accepted the BILL without saying absolutely nothing.
But due to the fact that the crash happened not due to me but "maybe" for a real problem of that FW release (also check this thread many complain about 1.3.20 FW performance)
i guess this should be covered by warranty.So if you DJI are listening i have my RMA number ...let me know

http://forum.dji.com/search.php? ... 3.20&type=forum

2015-10-23
Use props
harrisyahya1
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-22 23:37

Tim,

Here is my RMA number:

1002201576853-210064

Its currently at the Los Angeles repair facility. I sent it in on monday, and they recieved it tuesday, so I appreciate how quickly the process is moving along, but I am definitely not ready to just throw away $250. Thanks!
2015-10-23
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-23 02:37

Thanks Tim for being proactive. Good job!
2015-10-23
Use props
harrisyahya1
lvl.1

United States

I called the LA service center earlier. She took down all my info and sent it to the repair staff. She asked me if it was ever crashed, and I gave her a very thorough answer. It has never been crashed. No sign of damage, cracks, hardly even a scratch on the thing. She was asking because they charged me for a landing gear. I have no idea why they'd have to replace that. I only ever hand caught to prevent hard landings. Maybe I torqued it too hard by hand, I'm not sure. Hopefully this gets sorted out, I appreciate the help Tim.
2015-10-23
Use props
harrisyahya1
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-22 23:37

Hey Tim. Were you able to check it at all? Friday will be full 7 business days since they emailed me, and I don't want them to just send the item back without any sort of repair. I need to know what's going on. Thanks and please let me know.
2015-10-27
Use props
scottgraser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2446266 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you get your charges sorted out? I sent my P3 Standard in for repair. If had it all to do over again I would have bought  a new P3S and returned the old one as defective.
2015-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules