New Install of the ITELITE DBS Antenna Kit
6234 24 2015-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

Yesterday I received the ITLITE antenna kit for the Phantom 3 Pro and wanted to say it is a very well made antenna, installs in about 30 minutes.
The quick connect mount is made from very nice Stainless steel and provides a very ridged mount and support.

Was purchased at Carolina Drones for $109.00 and in my opinion it is a great value and can easily get you out 4 miles with
a steady sure video stream back to your transmitter.

All cables required to complete the install are included and cut to the perfect length for a clean install.

A couple photos to show the mount on the Transmitter.

1.jpg

2.jpg
2015-10-23
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

I echo your enthusiasm about this transmitter.  I've only gotten the chance to get out to use it once since I received it (I only installed it about a week ago myself) but I was very happy with the solid signal I was getting and the penetration through trees.

I opted for putting the mounts on the front face of the controller and also cut the bottom connector so that the antenna was even closer to the transmitter....it now (with some slight modifications to the foam in the lid) will fit in my hard sided case.

2015-10-23
Use props
ceaton76
lvl.2

United States

Y not use the existing antenna holes instead of drilling new holes? I've been looking at this mod and wondering y you couldn't just do it like that?
2015-10-23
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ceaton76 Posted at 2015-10-23 23:34
Y not use the existing antenna holes instead of drilling new holes? I've been looking at this mod an ...

Biggest reason is that the holes are too deep for the length of the wire's threaded male end.
2015-10-24
Use props
eaton2001
lvl.1

United States

I think I will give 6 month and watch for someone to come up with a mod that can use the exsisting antennas holes.
2015-10-24
Use props
jbcenterprise
lvl.2

United States

Hello gustofusion, What distance have you flown ? Was the video feed consistent ?
  I live in the foot hills of NC and get fair video feed and I am around a lot of trees.
  I have been looking at this set up, Please let me know you flight experience and distance
  with your set up
  Thank you
   Michael   
2015-10-24
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

Oh that is a really cool setup !!!
I'll have to wait till my P3P remote is out of warranty.
Does this setup run a second battery for a booster?
2015-10-24
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ajinop Posted at 2015-10-24 20:48
Oh that is a really cool setup !!!
I'll have to wait till my P3P remote is out of warranty.
Does thi ...

No second battery for boosting.  Just connects directly into your antenna connections inside the controller.
2015-10-24
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-10-24 21:37
No second battery for boosting.  Just connects directly into your antenna connections inside the co ...

So it uses the internal transmiter?
Does it consume more power out of the factory Battery pack?
I imagine that the antenna has a higher gain output then the factory ?
It is a cool set up! Id be interested once my warranty is up on my controller.
2015-10-24
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-24
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ajinop Posted at 2015-10-24 22:53
I  ...

You ask good questions.  While I don't know the exact answer (as I have have searched for this information myself) I can say that I don't notice any more drain on the controller battery while using this antenna, but you definitely get noticeably longer range and better penetration.

As for waiting for the warranty to expire....I had this same concern, so my solution was to buy a used controller off ebay so I still have my original contoller.
2015-10-25
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-10-25 01:45
How much did they charge for shipping?

Shipping was $8 to where I live in the northeast US.
2015-10-25
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-25
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

Yes...an excellent antenna mod set up. I've had mine on for four flights now and I love it. On the maiden test I took it out to some flat land for a distance flight. With a full battery (of course) I took it up 300' and started heading out about 20  mph. I got out about 4.5 miles with still a full signal. Unreal...Battery life was the only thing that made me bring it back home. I turned it around at about 50%. Installation is very simple as long as you just take your time. I wouldn't leave the old antenna setup on the controller (you can do this if you want) I elected to remove the old antennas as it makes a better looking and cleaner Mod.
2015-10-25
Use props
silverxrider.me
lvl.2

United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-10-23 08:04
I echo your enthusiasm about this transmitter.  I've only gotten the chance to get out to use it onc ...

Good job, how much of the outer bracket did you trim off? I see you used thumb screws for a fixed mount rather than remounting the spring action, was that because the shorter bracket made it to stiff to flex open?
2015-10-25
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

silverxrider.me Posted at 2015-10-25 14:04
Good job, how much of the outer bracket did you trim off? I see you used thumb screws for a fixed  ...

Thanks.   I actually trimmed a little less than 1-inch off that 'flex' bracket (I left the thick bracket at the original length)

I used thumbscrews with wingnuts and lock washers b/c I just couldn't, for the life of me, remove the t-nut with the spring from the original bracket....the hex wrench (which I knew was the right size) just kept stripping.  Therefore, I opted to cut off the t-nut with a dremel and just use a thumbscrew, wingnut, and lock washer.   I can actually just loosen up the thumbscrew (not completely remove the wingnut and lock washer) and the clip action still works great.

I may, at some point, search around my local hardware stores for another t-nut and bolt (because i did still keep the original springs) but for now, I'm happy with this setup.

NOTE:  I did also wonder if the shorter metal wouldn't allow enough flex for the spring-action, but I actually think it would work out fine.
2015-10-25
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

ajinop Posted at 2015-10-24 22:53
I  ...

It doesn't use any more power just a better antenna that is more efficient and more directional. A premium antenna kit made by ITElite... They Know antennas better than anyone out there, It feels as if it should be pare of the transmitter.
2015-10-26
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

jbcenterprise@a Posted at 2015-10-24 16:28
Hello gustofusion, What distance have you flown ? Was the video feed consistent ?
  I live in the fo ...

I've been out 8 minutes / 4 miles with 100% signal for both video and control.. no loss or degradation of video at all.. Pristine video the entire way. Go for it... Don't fall for the warranty trap.. It's your bird... fly it, any repair needed you can do yourself or have a local shop do it for you, never a need to send one back to china and eat up your warranty time... Do not fear.. Fly it...
2015-10-26
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-10-23 11:04
I echo your enthusiasm about this transmitter.  I've only gotten the chance to get out to use it onc ...

Hey Flight Raptor , Tell me the make and model of that case and any info you can share about it, where it was purchased, price etc..., I like the looks of it
2015-10-27
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

gustofusion Posted at 2015-10-27 19:17
Hey Flight Raptor , Tell me the make and model of that case and any info you can share about it, w ...

Sure.....I actually LOVE this case.  Only time it really hasn't been too convenient is if I hike a ways into the woods....I have my GoProfessional backpack case for those times :-)

This case is actually the Microraptor (ironic, I know   ) Pro case by Fuerte Cases.  They have several models and colors, I chose the following one:
Microraptor Pro Case

Cost is right at the US$200 level.   Here and there you can find it a little cheaper on Amazon, but that's the going rate.

I did a lot of research and one of the things I really liked about this case is the open area in the LEFT side of the case.  You can make it multiple bins or 1 large bin.  I chose 1 large bin because it can fit my tablet, my folding sunscreen, and my 4 removeable prop guards in that one area.  Also can have 5 extra batteries, has a small slot by the handle that fits spare blades, has a larger slot in the back where I keep extra microSD cards, a portable battery backup (for my tablet), and my ND filters.  

Quite spacious and very rugged.   I love the wheels and the telescoping handle so you can pull it like many of the suitcases for flying.
2015-10-27
Use props
Buckmaster
lvl.1

United States

Do they make one for the P3S remote?
2015-10-28
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-10-28 00:19
Sure.....I actually LOVE this case.  Only time it really hasn't been too convenient is if I hike a  ...

I have 4 batteries and the dbs mod, I prefer to leave my props on all the time and have an Ipad Air 2, my Questions? Will there be any issue placing the Air 2 in this case and the Transmitter with the Dbs Antenna. I really want to Drop in all the equipment and go without having to take apart anything, Is this doable? On the foam insert? Is this Pluckable foam or is it more or less cut to fit to some degree?  Thanks for any input you can provide.
2015-10-28
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

gustofusion Posted at 2015-10-28 13:37
I have 4 batteries and the dbs mod, I prefer to leave my props on all the time and have an Ipad Air ...

OK....let me try to answer each of your questions 1by1:
1) 4 batteries....no problem, there are 5 slots (and the 1 inside the quadcopter) so you could technically carry 6

2) Props stay on, no problem

3) IPAD Air 2 should fit in that slot on the left side no problem:
         Actual slot size = 270mm (L) x 150mm (H) x 75mm (w)
         Case lid = extra 40mm (h)

IPAD Air 2 dimensions = 240mm (L)  x 169.5mm (H)  x  6.1mm (T)

**  IPAD Air 2 will stick above the slot by 19.5mm, but the lid gives you another 40mm of space, so no problem

4) The controller with the ITELITE antenna
          - This will NOT fit with the default length of the mount...you must reduce the mount by approx 1" as I did
          - The foam in the lit is corrugated (not pluckable) and will not fit the controller and Itelite antenna, even with my mod....you either must remove the foam or cut out a rectangle around the area in the foam that folds on to the contoller/antenna when the lid is closed.  The contoller/antenna fit just fine when I completely remove the foam.   I ordered another piece of foam from Microraptor pro cases so that I can keep the original one intact (for those times I just wanna use the original controller with no modified antenna) and I will cutout the new one where the itelite antenna is only so that I can shut the lid, still have the foam protection on everything but the controller....I then plan on seeing if a thinner piece of foam can be used in the space I just cutout for the controller/antenna so there is 'some cushion in the lid (maybe 1/8" foam).  I'm still waiting to receive my new piece of foam to see how this works out, but should work fine.

5) Foam in the bottom of the case is laser cut (non-pluckable) and the lid is corrugated (non-pluckable).  If you would like, however, you COULD choose this exact same case with pluckable foam (I personally like the rigidity of this laser cut foam, but some folks prefer the pluckable....here is a link to that case...it is also cheaper:
         Seahorse case with pluckable foam
2015-10-28
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Buckmaster Posted at 2015-10-28 12:21
Do they make one for the P3S remote?

Yup:  Phantom 3 Standard Antenna Mod
2015-10-28
Use props
F6B-Rider
lvl.2

United States

Yes, this is the Seahorse SE920 case with custom foam insert, I have the same case with pick-n-pluck but don't care for it. The reason is I have so much stuff in it I can't leave a lot of space between openings, reducing the rigidity and causing the thin walls to separate. I would like to get the cut foam from MicroRaptor for my case, how much was it?
2015-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules