P3P Remove the Camera
1982 8 2015-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexcmei
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm adding my own sensor to the Phantom 3 Pro, and I'm wondering how to remove the gimbal and camera, or even just the camera. Is that possible?

2015-10-25
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

if you cant figure out how to remove the camera, how are you going to add your own sensor
2015-10-26
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

...and what kind of sensor?
2015-10-26
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

The following search engines may provide references to taking your P3 apart:

BING
http://www.bing.com/videos/searc ... mbly&FORM=BVLH1

or

GOOGLE
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=s ... ssembly&tbm=vid

Although you may want to wait until the warranty expires ;-)
2015-10-26
Use props
Alexcmei
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2015-10-26 15:50
The following search engines may provide references to taking your P3 apart:

BING

thanks. I was told that the P3P won't fly if I pull the camera off. I'm designing a universal mounting plate for my sensor kit.
2015-10-26
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Alexcmei,

One of the forum members took his camera off the hard way - in a crash.  It flies almost normally without the camera.  He just cannot see where he is going!

You have to remove the gimbal and camera to get anywhere with an alternative configuration with the P3.  You will need a new plate if the gimbal includes the existing plate or maybe that is what you are designing.  Are you sure the P3 is what you want?  Taking apart a perfectly good P3 is hard to fathom because they are sweet machines.  Look at the DJI product line.  And almost every, maybe even all, the modules that make up a P3 is sold at the store or on the Phantom pages.  You can build a P3 from parts sold at the DJI store and it would cost almost the same as a new one.  You do not need to break one down and waste a perfectly good gimbal and camera.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

One of the important features of the Phantom 3 range is the ability to send back video images from the camera to the RC unit. You would lose that ability entirely if you fitted your own camera unless you engineered a similar system.
2015-10-27
Use props
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

Well, P3P is so expensive because of the camera, if you don't need a camera, buy P2 without a camera with $500:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... _2_copter_with.html
2015-10-27
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

it fill fly without the camera. you can take the camera off. cut the anti drop pins and remoce the rubber dampers and gently pull out the connectors.
2015-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules