DJI PLEASE
1417 5 2015-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ithacus
lvl.2

United States

DJI PLEASE offer older versions of Pilot App. Though I have yet to read the released proposal, I am certain pending sanctions will have wording which will set even more limitations to birds that are autonomous. I have no need nor want autonomy.

I understand the need for Geo-Fencing / No Fly Zones to be programmed, so could you please write the code to update ONLY the Geo-Fence within v 1.1.2 and re-release ???

Or just put it back on your sit as is so it is available for when a phone or tablet needs replacing....

I spent 5000 since July on my P3Ps. I've got more to spend lol but this is a deal breaker.

2015-10-26
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

That wouldn't be in their best interest if they want to sell here.
2015-10-26
Use props
Ithacus
lvl.2

United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-10-26 18:27
That wouldn't be in their best interest if they want to sell here.

I don't understand how would that inhibit sales ?
2015-10-26
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ithacus,

You are putting entirely too much into all this political and regulatory BS.  DJI already has functions in place that limit non-compliance by DJI customers.  That is all the government is going to require.  Federal, state and city & county governments are riding a wild wave on a very long board.  For example, the pilot certification currently in place for the commercial exemption is just to slow down the onslaught of applicants.  Registration will only be for new owners, existing owners will be grandfathered in and possibly the registration information provided by DJI.

There are idiots out there in every endeavor and there are idiot dronies.  They are showing the potential for abuse of drone technology, just like there is abuse of every other type of technology.  Unfortunately, idiots do not clean themselves out of the gene pool fast enough.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-27
Use props
Ithacus
lvl.2

United States

Cetaman Posted at 2015-10-27 05:13
Aloha Ithacus,

You are putting entirely too much into all this political and regulatory BS.  D ...

I read the fact that we previous buyers will be grandfathered as well.

The thing is I want to replace my mini3 with the newer w/A8 chip and it is not available for download. I have seen where some have made it available for download but without the appropriate apple ID and pass or a hack it is useless.

I don't want nor need all the bells and whistles, my 2 P3Ps fly great, running 1.1.2 app and FW 1.1.9 on one and 1.2.6 on the other.......1.2.6 has an issue but I learned how to avoid it from occurring.
2015-10-31
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ithacus,

Up to you.  You know your needs better than anyone.  My comments were written broadly because so many out there do not understand what is going on.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules