can't conect to drone!!
967 15 2015-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tommyhauske
lvl.1

United States

Hello.. I just got my DJI Pro 2 daysago. flew it once before doing the update... but the drone dipped under 50%battery and everything went to hell.. I have tried everything.. loading oldersoftware on the drone to connect to the controller but still no luck..currently i have the newest update on the drone. 1.4... i have even tried the"pairing" button with no luck. when i bring up the DJI app it says"no signal"... when i go into "overall status" it says"upgrade required" ... it says RC requires upgrade.. Firmwaredownload finished... 1.4.30.... but when I click the "start toupgrade" it says "failed to upgrade" assuming it is due to thefact it can't connect to the drone to begin with.. please help!!!!

-TJ

2015-10-27
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.3
United States

Did you uninstall Go App and reinstall Go App then upgrade? You may want to take your Phantom back to 1.3.20 the upgrade to 1.4.0010 again. As for the Phantom format fat32 on your sc card and only copy the bin file to the sd card.
2015-10-28
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha  tommy,

Same thing happened to me with these last upgrades and it turned out that I was working near a running fan (on the other side of a glass door) that was causing interference.  Also, I shut everything down to take a break for dinner in my frustration.  When I moved everything into the other room later, no fans were running since it was now much cooler and I reinstalled the 2.4.0 DJI Go app.  Everything got rebooted when I restarted everything.  It all worked!  Then, in this forum, the discussion of these same problems said to get away from interference and reboot everything at every stage of downloads and installations and to have a solid Internet connection - everything I did accidentally.

After restarting everything, you might try to;

1. Make sure there is no interference (large metal objects (cars, stoves, washers & dryers, etc.) or running electric devices.

2.  Make sure you have a solid Internet connection.

3.  Simply reinstall the 2.4.0 app and follow the instructions.

I think I turned on my P3 in this process and others have indicated that you should leave the P3 off since it is not being updated and the "No Signal" is a distraction.  But, this may be an iOS vs. Android question (I have an Android).  The 50 percent battery issue on the P3 may be a coincidence.

Be sure to get back to us and let us know if this worked.  There are other, more drastic options you can try, but try this first.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-28
Use props
tommyhauske
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the replays guys.. I will test it out later tonight and let you know.

-TJ
2015-10-28
Use props
tommyhauske
lvl.1

United States

I tried that. No luck. The remote still can't find the drone. I have tried to click on
2015-10-28
Use props
tommyhauske
lvl.1

United States

I have tried clicking on "link drone" but nothing pops up saying it is looking for anything.
2015-10-28
Use props
tommyhauske
lvl.1

United States

Alright. I believe I have narrowed it down to the remote. I re-installed the app. Loaded the newest software, but can't load it to the remote. When I click to download it it starts beeping at me light goes blue. But it sits at 0% and after about 2 mins it says it has failed. I have also tried putting the update on a usb drive But when I plug it in and turn on remote nothing happens.
2015-10-28
Use props
Jordan7
lvl.1

Australia

Hi tommy I am haven't the same issue no signal between aircraft and remote and when I go to link aircraft nothing happens have you found a way yet?
2015-10-28
Use props
tommyhauske
lvl.1

United States

Nope I got nothing. I have been messing with it for a few hours. I got nothing.
2015-10-28
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Tommy & Jordan,

It will probably do you no benefit to worry about the link issue between the P3 and the RC.  After I solved my problem, there was no linking issue.  At this stage the linking issue is a boondoggle.  

First, your problem is between the Remote Controller, the device and the Internet.  Change or at least reset your cable.  Best to use the DJI cable supplied.  You might check your cable on another set of connections that do something besides charge a device.  Second, you have to have a rock solid Internet connection.  The update will come from DJI over the Internet, through your device and into the Remote Controller.  If there is interference of any sort between your device and the Internet, nothing will work.  Move everything away from any sort of potential interference.  Check the Internet connection and see if it is strong.

It is good that you are getting the blue light.  That means it is trying to download and upload the update to the RC.  The "connection failed" means that either the Internet connection failed or the connection between the device and the RC failed.  You are close but still missing something.  I missed that I had a fan running on the other side of a glass door.  I could not see it because of the reflection and it is a very quiet fan.  When you find it, you will kick yourself in the okole like I did!  And then you will go fly and have fun!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

"First, your problem is between the Remote Controller, the device and the Internet.  Change or at least reset your cable.  Best to use the DJI cable supplied."

The DJI cable supplied only works if you are using an Android device, if it is Apple it needs a Lightning connector on the device end. I don't believe we have established whether Tommy is Android or Apple.

Just a thought, but did you at any time put the device into airplane mode, switching off the WiFi? If you can't get internet on your device, you cannot perform the RC unit upgrade.
2015-10-29
Use props
tommyhauske
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for putting up with me guys haha... I am on IOS, using an iPhone 6plus.. i have tried wireless and LTE in different locations with no luck. I will keep trying, i am sure it is something silly on my end. The firmware downloads just fine.. but when i click on "start to upgrade" is when she fails.. I do have access to an android tablet.. so i might try that tonight and see what I get.
2015-10-29
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

tommyhauske@yah Posted at 2015-10-29 22:36
Thanks for putting up with me guys haha... I am on IOS, using an iPhone 6plus.. i have tried wireles ...

More often than not, this issue is caused by a non-certified lightening cable. Are you using the original Apple supplied cable?
2015-10-29
Use props
tommyhauske
lvl.1

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2015-10-29 10:01
More often than not, this issue is caused by a non-certified lightening cable. Are you using the o ...

Hey Terry... Yes sir I am.. I have tried 2 different supplied apple cables.
2015-10-29
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

tommyhauske@yah Posted at 2015-10-29 23:20
Hey Terry... Yes sir I am.. I have tried 2 different supplied apple cables.

Rule that one out...
As you planned, try the Android device next. If that still fails, Tahoe Ed posted the following RC reset sequence:
""It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated.""
This four finger sequence will reset your RC and force another RC update as a last resort.
This is illustrated by Sploodge's video:

2015-10-29
Use props
tommyhauske
lvl.1

United States

Hello all. I reset the RC by holding the 4 bottons and using my iPhone it failed to update. So I plugged in the Samsung tablet and she updated just fine and we have lift off!! Very weird but got it to work. Thanks for all your comments. -TJ
2015-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules