Ssid phantom m3_0515E9 Remote control
Name: Giovanni
Product Serial Number:
Briefly describe your problem::
I Dji today I spent  the most worse day of my life
I upgrade few days ago my remote control
Today I went out with my family to try recording the changing colors of trees
I did it the normal procedure compass calibration
Check the status of the battery chek the signals of my remote control waiting for the gps 11 , connect the iPhone 6 plus check the propeller .
I turn everything ON From my I Set the home position and from the iPhone I swipe the take of button and after that THE PHANTOM FLY AWAY WITHOUT STOPPING TO THE ALTITUDES AT 1.2 meter and the controller lost signal right after
The Iphone lost connection I try to swipe the returning home but ......
The phantom jump from the ground very fast and he fly away from me without returning back
I whait about 35 minute with out any luck
I try right away to chatting with the costumer support but for two time after explaining the situation they disconnected the chat
Please help me please help me

Sent from my iPhone
2015-10-29
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

umm huh...
2015-10-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Francese82, I'm sorry for your flyaway. Did you do all calibrations (IMU, compass) ?
2015-10-29
Use props
Francese82
lvl.1

United States

Yes a did it all calibration Every times a fly I always do all calibration
2015-10-30
Use props
Francese82
lvl.1

United States

I notice after the updates the phone lost connection for 2 time, for letting my phones and remote connected I turn off the Dji 3 removed the battery and wait  about 30 second. After that's no problem .I'm so frustrated
2015-10-30
Use props
alirz1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

I dont get it, why would IMU or compass calibrations (even if totally messed up) cause the Phantom to just take off in a random direction.
Why is DJI still ignoring these flyaway issues. If something is wrong with any of the navigation instruments, the phantom should stay put or if it managed to take off and then the issue arises, it should just land where ever it is, period. Regardless if theres a volcano underneath or an ocean. Flyways dont make any sense. On top of that, remote control inputs are total ignored.
2015-10-30
Use props
basherdesigns
New

United States

Francese82@yaho Posted at 2015-10-30 22:42
I notice after the updates the phone lost connection for 2 time, for letting my phones and remote co ...

This is scary!!!
2015-10-30
Use props
CFM01
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Flyaways - seem strange to me!
I'm not too familiar with the standard only the pro but... I assume it's the same so,
If it lost RC signal then the LED on the RC should have been red
It should have returned to home after 3 sec however the phantom has to be a certain distance away from the controller before the RTH feature works.

Does the standard update the home point automatically?
The pro always states"the home point has been updated please check it in the map".

The flight log should be on your iPhone called in a folder called flightrecords.
If you can share via healthydrones.com then we can see more detail. Not saying it will help if there was some sort of hardware failure as at times it does not register such activity.

2015-10-30
Use props
Francese82
lvl.1

United States

CFM01 Posted at 2015-10-30 13:48
Flyaways - seem strange to me!
I'm not too familiar with the standard only the pro but... I assume i ...

Yes after 6/8 gps point automatically the voice from the app tell The home point is been updated
But was so weird the Standard 3 after give the signal to take off from the iPhone he jump very fast Diagonally forward me And my wife and he flew away after 5 second the remote controls start beeping and on the Dji app was no signal
I don't know why nobody from Dji after sending messages and emails regarding this issue
Nobody help and responding my problem
Thank you
2015-10-30
Use props
Francese82
lvl.1

United States

https://cdn.fbsbx.com/hphotos-xpf1/v/t59.2708-21/12017919_10208101897375007_1284076333_n.txt/DJIFlightRecord_2015-10-29_17-22-03.txt?oh=4dd6b310f224a9c0c11f7a7d1c309cb9&oe=5637AA35&dl=1
2015-10-31
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you attempt to shut down the motors (CDC stick move)?

That's the fallback in situations like this....

We've seen a few - very few - of similar reports but most had other circumstances. For example, the first one of these happened to a guy (P3) who had put 100's of miles on his Phantom - so I always wrote that one off to it overheating, etc.

As a rule, DO NOT CALIBRATE compass regularly. Once you know it is right don't worry about doing it when you move a few miles (or even more) - because you can introduce errors when there are none to begin with!

Hopefully someone will decode your logs to see what happened. It seems that only a major GPS error could cause this.

As a pilot there are two things you should do when this happens.
1. Immediately switch into ATTI mode - this should do away with GPS errors and give you control.
or
2. if that does not work, use the "kill" switch of CDC to shut down the motors.

If neither of those work...then all you can do is turn off the Remote and hope.
2015-10-31
Use props
Francese82
lvl.1

United States

Can I have your emails or Facebook name I want to sent my logs
2015-10-31
Use props
Francese82
lvl.1

United States

Really was so fast and I lost self control right away was only non more of 5 second he jumped from the grounds so fest and diagonally I put my remote controls sticks to shut down the drone but without susscces after that beeping red ligh on the remote control and black screen on the IPhone No signals t
2015-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules