Software update and problem picture upside down!
3687 12 2015-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vincentlublink.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello i did put the x3 Inspire 1 camera on the Osmo, did not see you need a update.
Now the Osmo does not work anymore.
The handel lights not turn on. the ventilator works bus the gimbal does not start up.
Then i was looking to find out the solution, i did try the x3 camera from the Inspire and the gibal starts up no light on the handel, after start up en calibration the camera hangs again and the gimbal beeps, like it needs a update.

Did put the x3 Inspire camera back on the Inspire and now the picture is upside down!!!! and no way to get it normal.

Did downgrade the DJi Inspire with the camera on and that did upgrade again to the latest software again.
Stil the picture is upside down. :-(
Now the x3 Inspire gimbal has a upside down picture and the Osmo handel and original camera does not work anymore.

Any solution???? please

Thank you

Vincent

2015-10-30
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I did the same... I was able to get the camera corrected on the inspire by going into settings and resetting the camera settings.
2015-10-30
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

Good to know you can reset the inspire x3.  Hopefully they fix the issue.  Makes me worried to attach my inspire x3 to an Osmo.
2015-10-30
Use props
vincentlublink.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did the reset on the Inspire, no luck

when put the original camera on the Osmo noting works only the fan start after two minutes or so

The picture from the X3 ( Inspire ) is still upside down even after reset downgrade  upgrade, stil upside down
do not atatch the Inspire 1 camera on the Osmo, wait til the special software is there, or you will get the same problem i have !
And the handel of the somo does not start anymore, also not with the original cam (black)

thanks DJI!

broken ( not gif any lights anymore, only the fan of the cam strats) ) Osmo handel
and a white dji X3 that has a upsidedown picture!

2015-10-31
Use props
jskidoo22
New

United States

I did the same thing and fixed it this way. Put the inspire camera on the Osmo and hold the camera down by your side so it's in the same inverted position as it would be if it were on the inspire.. Turn the Osmo on and let it go through the calibration. Turn it back off and you should be good.
2015-11-18
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

jskidoo22 Posted at 2015-11-18 18:34
I did the same thing and fixed it this way. Put the inspire camera on the Osmo and hold the camera d ...

I will give this a try tonight and post a follow-up.  I have the same issue and have been frustrated with the lack of response from DJI techsupport....
Thanks,
Aaron.
oK, have had the chance to mount my inspire 1 X3 camera back up to the OSMO, turned it on, and then inverted the camera (OSMO handle held down with camera below) then shut it off, disconnected the X3 and reconnected to the inspire and  the image was again right side up in the DJI go app.
Disappointing that it has been a week, and I never got a response from DJI support (other than initial thanks for emailing, we will be in touch message)
Aaron
2015-11-19
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

pinpointmapping Posted at 2015-11-20 03:01
I will give this a try tonight and post a follow-up.  I have the same issue and have been frustrate ...

Hi, sorry for the late reply, you will get quick response if you start a new post.
About the upside down of the X3 camera which have been used on the OSMO. Solution is that :
Put the X3 camera on the OSMO, turn it on,  enter the Underslung Mode: Holding Osmo upside down until the app change accordingly. Then hold the position and turn the OSMO off. Then take off the camera, it can be used normally on Inspire 1.
2015-11-23
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

About the upside down of the X3 camera which have been used on the OSMO. Solution :
Put the X3 camera on the OSMO, turn it on,  enter the Underslung Mode: Holding Osmo upside down until the app change accordingly. Then hold the position and turn the OSMO off. Then take off the camera, it can be used normally on Inspire 1.
2015-11-23
Use props
vincentlublink.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-23 10:07
About the upside down of the X3 camera which have been used on the OSMO. Solution :
Put the X3 camer ...

I did try that.

no way that it will work!

The picture stays upside down

the lights of the Osmo not turn on anymore
the van starts bud the gimbal does noting.

the picture is still upside down.

SO:

Handel not working anymore
Osmo with original camera not working anymore!
inspire x3 camera has still picture upside down.

did try everything , no luck!

thanks!
2015-11-24
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

vincentlublink. Posted at 2015-11-24 21:51
I did try that.

Gimbal led didn't light up and only fan works , can't shut down the OSMO by the power button. These phonomenon is  caused by the X3 camera mounting.
If your gimbal can't not work right now, that's why that solution is not working.
Please try to save the gimbal first.
Solution: (using the original camera please)
1) Fully charge the battery until the led light on the charger turns into green.
2)Reboot and upgrade the OSMO: Copy the upgrade bin file into the sd card. Hold the trigger and record button, and pull down the power button at the same time.  Hold it until the right led blinks red and green. Then try to upgrade the OSMO into v. 1.2.1.60. (The OSMO will update automatically with the bin file in the SD card, please wait about 20 minutes for the uprade, the left led becomes solid green means the upgrade is successful)
3) After the upgrade , restart the OSMO and connect the DJI GO.

Then please try the upside down solution for the X3 camera.1)Put the X3 camera on the OSMO and make sure there is no firmware of inspire 1 in the SD card.
2) Turn it on,  enter the Underslung Mode: Holding Osmo upside down until the app change accordingly. Then hold the position and turn the OSMO off. Then take off the camera, it can be used normally on Inspire 1.

2015-11-24
Use props
enatella
New

Dominican Republic

vincentlublink. Posted at 2015-11-24 09:51
I did try that.

Hello, Vincent, not sure if you were able to fix it, I had the same problem, once turned on only the fan would work, no lights would light up and I was about to resend to DJI can I had tried everything, but I managed to make it work, so here is the fix:
1) You have to be sure you have the updated X3 camera with the latest update to be done on the Inspire one.
2) Delete everything on your memory stick and make sure you have the Update on the OSMO on it and place it in the camera
3) place X3 camera con OSMO and turn on, no light will flash only fan will turn on
4) HERE IS THE TRICKY PART: the OSMO will send wifi signal, connect to it with your cellphone. Then Here is the hard part, try the Hard Reset on the OSMO MANY TIMES until it works, be patient it make take put to 2 minutes of pushing buttons on your OSMO before you will see the connection on your phone and the lights will start flashing again. Me being persistent on this part was what made me succeed and I was so frustrated living offshore that sending it back was going to delay me another month, so I tried so many times that finally worked (I started dancing after that).
5) let the Firmware update, make sure your battery is WELL CHARGED before you do all this. The firmware in my case stopped at 61% for about 5 minutes but then finally finished so don't get alarmed if the firmware update process stops for long.
After this all should be back to normal. In My case My gimbal was not entering at first, but I simply turned off and back on for a second time and it worked fine afterwards.
I hope this helps all the hopeless people like me that had no solution to this!
2016-1-3
Use props
vincentlublink.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

enatella Posted at 2016-1-3 17:19
Hello, Vincent, not sure if you were able to fix it, I had the same problem, once turned on only t ...

sorry i was not here for a long time, the reset that Amy did explain did work.

pff now we can work again :-)
2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

vincentlublink. Posted at 2016-1-28 06:18
sorry i was not here for a long time, the reset that Amy did explain did work.

pff now we can wor ...

Nice, happy it's been working.
2016-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules