Osmo beeping on start up and locking itself
1677 4 2015-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamgrantbrown
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110515 ft
South Africa

As of today my Osmo decided to beep on start up (gimbal is fully unlocked) and then after switching on and off a couple times (and a couple resets via the app) the gimble now swings so violently the top arm actuallly locks itself.  I maybe have 15 minutes of recording time in total on it...  Any way to fix this DJI?  Is there some kind of hardware reset special key (aside from the trigger+shutter+off switch)?
2015-10-31
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

It seems like a hardware issue. Where did you buy it ? If it's purchased from the dealer, you can contact the dealer and ask for replacement of a new one. If it's purchased form the DJI STORE. Can you provide the order and contact information? We will arrange our officer to contact you. Thanks!
2015-11-13
Use props
iamgrantbrown
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110515 ft
South Africa

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-13 10:48
It seems like a hardware issue. Where did you buy it ? If it's purchased from the dealer, you can co ...

I had the store i purchased it from replace the unit - got their demo unit.  All works now.  At the time they had 2 from their batch with the same hardware issue.  Thanks for the reply.
2015-11-22
Use props
shaybowskill
New

Australia

I'm having the exact same issue at the moment. Only had the thing for a day, only recorded about 20 minutes of footage. The top arm rolls violently on start up. I've noticed that if it is pointing below horizontal when I power it on, that section of the gimbal will lock itself. However, if it is positioned above horizontal (even slightly) on start up, it will roll vertically fast enough for the UV filter to scratch against the arm of the gimbal, damaging both parts.
After updating the firmware, rather than swinging violently, it glitches and rapidly moves up and down by a few degrees before going limp and beeping.
Going to the store tomorrow to see if I can get a replacement like you did Grant.
2015-12-13
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

shaybowskill Posted at 2015-12-14 01:01
I'm having the exact same issue at the moment. Only had the thing for a day, only recorded about 20  ...

It might be quality issue, please contact your dealer or DJI technical support for repair or replacement.
2015-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules