ipad mini 2 crappy video
2096 2 2015-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stang7tl
lvl.1

United States

So I purchased a ipad mini 2 32gb 4g tablet because it seemed most of the info on here said its a good choice. I was using a LG G-Pad 8.3 and it not bad it has some lag and choppy stream tho.
My first flight with drone I used my iphone 6 and it was perfect so after getting a andriod tablet and not have great stream I started looking for a deal on a ipad mini 2 figuring the device would work like my iphone did.

can anyone tell me how to clear up either device?

my drone is 1.4
rc is 1.3.4
app is 2.4

is there any setting to change or anything.

2015-10-31
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623232 ft
United States

I hope I can help with some light to your questions.

I have Firmware 1.4 on both copter and RC. DJI Go is 2.4.
I was getting choppy video and signal loss no matter region I was flying, I tried everything, including the signal DYI antenna booster you find on youtube.I was using my iphone 6.  Two days ago I got myself a new Ipad mini, 32gb and gave it a try, it got worse, lots of video lag and horrible signal.

So,
I decided to try getting another app for video tracking. I got the FPV Camera app (compatible with Phatom 3). I flew this morning and got smooth video streaming with both iphone and ipad! MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED! DJI Screwed up the app since version 1.8. I won't fly with DJI Go app for a while now.

FPV Camera made my day! Now I few I can rick going farther and flying longer.

I am absolutely not related to the makers of this new app, this is my advice only. For $9 you will get the experience DJI was supposed to deliver. Thank god other guys could figure an app that works! Haleluia!
2015-11-1
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Thailand

I had exactly the same problem and now my iPad mini 2 works flawlessly, here is what I did... this is a post I wrote from the iOS 9 thread.

I think a clean MANUAL install of everything is required to get things working right.  Just like when your OS goes bad, a clean install is always the best thing to do.  When I turned on my bird today I found it had automatically updated itself somehow from v1.3.20 to v1.4.0010 (latest) and I did nothing to initiate this.  So, I went ahead and just bit the bullet, installed iOS 9.1 and then upgraded the RC unit.  It was still giving me black screens, dropouts, signal loss, and so on.  Worse even yet, on a test flight whenever I would yaw left or right the camera would move violently from side to side and the yaw function seemed really out of whack though all settings were normal.  I grounded it and then did the following which seems to have sorted it out.

Updated iOS 9.1 (already).
Deleted DJI GO from my iPad.
Hard reset of my iPad mini 2 after deleting app.
Downloaded and installed DJI GO 2.4.0.Hard reset of my iPad mini 2 after installing app.
Downgraded FW from v1.4.0010 to v1.3.20.
Boot up, check everything on v1.3.20, all settings good.
Short test flight, all was okay, but now RC says FW and Camera upgrade required.
Installed FW v1.4.0010 again MANUALLY from a freshly formatted card.
Reset, re-calibrated everything.
Turned off hardware encoding on my iPad mini 2.
Flew up 200 meters and out 300 meters and all seems good.
A three battery test flight tomorrow will confirm but it seems good as of now and might be sorted out, we shall see!

Note: Turn off hardware decode in the app on your iPad mini once you are up and running.  Don't forget to reset your setting, calibrate IMU, Compass and Gimbal too.  You should be all good after.  I have 100% function and reliability now whereas before I had what you have now, this is how I fixed it.  You don't need any other apps, DJI GO works just fine.  It has been a week now and several flights without one single isse.
2015-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules