What to use as a second Display with HDMI Module?
871 4 2015-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dkpilot
lvl.1

Indonesia

Just wondering what people use for a secondary portable display when flying? Seen that people use a display called the Black Pearl by Flysight but its only 7 inchs, was wondering if there are any portable displays out there that are bigger or what do you use?

2015-11-3
Use props
skine75
lvl.2

United States

I just use a 24" flat panel display and run it off an inverter in my truck.  I played with the contrast and brightness to get a pretty decent outdoor picture.  its nice to have a bigger picture sometimes, and helps if you have people with you who want to see what you see.
2015-11-3
Use props
Westside Osprey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

Any video field monitor that accepts 720 HDMI will work.

I have several from 5" to 20" that run on batteries. The one I use the most is a 9" Ikan, I keep it on a light stand and it has its own brick battery. It is really pretty big compared to my iPad Mini and I have hood for that as well.

You can also record the video and audio from a mic with a recorder hooked into the HDMIi monitor loop through, this can be useful for training videos as you can display real time telemetry on the HDMI out..
2015-11-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

skine75 Posted at 2015-11-4 09:28
I just use a 24" flat panel display and run it off an inverter in my truck.  I played with the contr ...

Wow, I can imagine how awesome it is on a big screen
2015-11-3
Use props
Dkpilot
lvl.1

Indonesia

Thanks for the info Skine75 though places I'll be in wont really be Truck/car accessible.
@West Osprey, Whats the brand of the Largest Battery Display you have and how much did it cost you?
2015-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules