PC Ground Station, Ace One WP and 900M Datalink to be discontinued
4336 24 2015-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Dear DJI Customer,
On December 12, 2015,Google will stop supporting Google Earth. Since DJI's PC Ground Stationsoftware is based on the Google Earth API, we will also discontinue support forPC Ground Station. As a result, DJI’s Ace One WP flight controller and 900MDatalink, both of which rely on our PC Ground Station software, will also ceaseto be functional.
small_1@2x.png
We are dedicated toensuring our customers continue to have a great experience with our products.Customers who purchased an Ace One WP flight controller or 900M Datalink afterDecember 12, 2014 have the following options:
1.  Sendyour 900M Datalink back to DJI to receive a FREE 2.4GHz Bluetooth Datalink.Proof of the date of purchase will be required with any request. Please contactyour regional support center for details.
2. If youpurchased an Ace One WP after December 12, 2014, please contact your regionalsupport center for more details.
North America:                                 support.us@dji.com
Europe:                                              support.eu@dji.com
Asia and OtherRegions:                   support@dji.com

2015-11-3
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Is there any upgrade coming for LB1 users we can't use the 2.4 datalink only the 900
Like an IOS a App for LB1 like for LB2
2015-11-4
Use props
TigerBoyOz
New

Australia

DJI-Tim,

since this product is to be discontinued what will be the replacement product for professional photogrammetry applications?

Will you release an all in one flight controller/video downlink/camera control/way pointing such as the Inspire 1 has, that professionals will be able to mount on your S Series aircraft?

We want to see the Hex and Octo versions of the Inspire for the real Pros not the semi pros. Please!!!

What are the chances?
2015-11-4
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Why can't another map api be applied to the groundstation?  So google earth is gone, google maps still exists.  And why does it have to stop working? The files are already available, why can't they stay available with no updates or something. It makes no since.
2015-11-6
Use props
Superagus
lvl.1
Mexico

It's possible keep using the ground station software off line only with cache? after navigating with google earth and then starting the software ground station ?...I'm using with A2 controller and 2.4 data link...please give me one option for the solution...thanks in advance...Agustín Payen.
2015-11-10
Use props
mark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone from DJI please ensure me that just the "support" is being discontinued and not the actual use of PC Ground Station? DJI has not done any significant updates or support for this software for some time now, so I want to understand how us A2 and 2.4 users are effected by this update.

Also, it would be respectful to inform your customers if you have a new mapping/photogrammetry software in the works. We do not need an ETA or details, we just need to know if your going to support this part of the industry or not. We need to know if we should stick it out and wait for DJI or move on.

Thanks in Advance DJI.
2015-11-10
Use props
cartorender
lvl.1
Italy

this is really messed up... it's been known for a year that google was shutting down the earth api and you wake up now to tell us you drop the product?  does dji realize that there are many of us who invested up to 10k in a platform for photogrammetry and that they are basically taking is away the key for it?  the very least they coud do is to give away the sourcecode / sdk for it and let the community do their job!
2015-11-10
Use props
prestigeaerial
New

United States

ducpeter Posted at 2015-11-4 20:56
Is there any upgrade coming for LB1 users we can't use the 2.4 datalink only the 900
Like an IOS a  ...

This is my question exactly. I am using LB1 and you cannot use the 2.4Ghz GS. So I guess that means you have to choose between having a video downlink or having autonomous control? Unacceptable.
2015-11-18
Use props
GeoSpacial
lvl.1

South Africa

Evidently Google planned and announced this over a year ago already!

What has DJI done in the meantime to solve this?

Surely after all this time there should be a Software Update waiting for all DJI DataLink users...

Using a 2.4GHz DataLink is impossible for most us with other equipment operating on the same frequency!
2015-11-19
Use props
pbetancourt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106670 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

So what we are supposed to do with our hexas/octos to do photogrammetry? Upgrade to LB2? That will allow us to do the job? Is there any third party solution for us?
2015-11-20
Use props
GeoSpacial
lvl.1

South Africa

Why can't Google Maps be used instead of Google Earth?
2015-11-20
Use props
GeoSpacial
lvl.1

South Africa

We need solutions to accommodate our current DJI Datalinks.
2015-11-20
Use props
pbetancourt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106670 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

I've just bought UGCS software that works with our 900mhz datalinks, and seems a very good alternative. Right now I'm in contact with their tech support via mail to get the camera triggered via the software, which seems to be as tricky as on PC ground station.
2015-11-26
Use props
ricardo.silva19
lvl.3
Portugal

We have 4  units of 2.4ghz data link for photogrammetry, brand new, what will dji do about it?
2015-11-29
Use props
reto.w
lvl.2
Switzerland

Isn't it possible to launch GS for PC in offline mode, with cached maps and no online connection?
That might be a temporary "solution" to survive the 12/12 ...
2015-11-30
Use props
flaviomjr@mcse. This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-1
Use props
2015-12-1
Use props
2015-12-1
Use props
pimezon1
lvl.2
  • >>>
Iraq

Dear authorized of DJI,

But GS with 900M was very good program.

What will it be now????

Regards
2015-12-12
Use props
mark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just tested my 2.4 Data Link/A2 system with PC Ground Station and it did NOT work. They will not connect or communicate.

DJI this is unacceptable, I have a $10,000 mapping drone that does not map. Do I sell it and buy something else or can we expect a new release of Ground Station soon?

Anyone have luck getting PC Ground Station to work without google maps? I was hoping to at least use my saved flights or input my own coordinates.

Please DJI, help us out here.
2015-12-18
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

The DJI support is as crappy as always. The problem was known for a long time, but nothing was done. It seems as DJI wants their customers to use other products.

I've heard good things about UgCS. Never tried it until now, but I definitely will. I can't afford to be grounded, just because I have a 2.4 GHz Data Link and no iPad.

One thing is for sure: The next system will not have any DJI components.

@DJI: This is how you lose customers!!! But maybe you just don't care about us, as much as you do about the thousands out there buying a P3 or even a I1 just for fun.
2015-12-19
Use props
aravanisandreas
New

United States

Paying for sth that is not even recycled. DJI should offer a serious discount to everybody is about to replace with the new BT datalink. This situation is a shame. Just for earning money.
2015-12-30
Use props
GeoSpacial
lvl.1

South Africa

It's all a case of mind over matter.. they don't mind and we don't matter

A member was banned by DJI from this thread for trying to help others by posting advice for an alternative GS software solution
2016-1-1
Use props
pimezon1
lvl.2
  • >>>
Iraq

Hi
My GS 900 Mhz is still working in my computer.
I wonder. Now, is GS 900 compatible with google earth? isn`t it?
???
can I still use GS 900?
Regards
2016-1-31
Use props
arq.pedro.valli
New

Mexico

I have experienced my missions office before going to the place where I have planned flight photogrammetry and offline if you have done
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules