DJI use in agriculture
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bdemnar
lvl.1

Australia

I operate a crop loss adjustment company in Australia and we have been working with DJI Phantoms (beginning with the FC40) for over a year now.  We now have 10 in use, 4 being Phantom 3 Professionals and 6 Vision 2+.   While we are only using them as a camera on a stick for the moment, the benefits of the imagery we are getting has really forever changed our world!   We can now see damage patterns without having to walk the length and breadth of large fields trying to find them, saving us time and effort, and better still, we can be more accurate in area mapping which benefits the grower and Insurer.  My interest going forward, and the question I have for the developers of this amazing technology, is whether there is a plan to incorporate a multi spectral or thematic type sensor/camera in future models that could deliver NDVI type imagery.   

Luv your work!
2015-11-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You might be able to get some benefit out of fitting filters to the front of the existing camera, to some extent anyway. But I imagine DJI are really more focused on a hobbyist market.
2015-11-5
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

Can you post some videos of your work and how it's prefect for it?
2015-11-5
Use props
bdemnar
lvl.1

Australia

Mikey14 Posted at 2015-11-6 16:08
Can you post some videos of your work and how it's prefect for it?

Hi Mikey14

This is a put a trial vid on YouTube to share with some of our agros.  It's not very professional but it showed them what I was working on.  
2015-11-10
Use props
bdemnar
lvl.1

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-6 13:55
You might be able to get some benefit out of fitting filters to the front of the existing camera, to ...

Yes thanks I appreciate that Geebax.  I'm still hoping that one day, either DJI will meet the need or at least allow for third party equipment to be added to their units.  
2015-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules