New RC firmware update 1.3.40 Corrupted my controller!
1662 14 2015-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djlsimpson
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Hi there, can anyone help or had the same problem... IM new to drones and got a P3 pro for my birthday ... used it for the last 3 weeks, then today turned it on and when opening the app ( ihavbe the 300B contoller) it says the RC needed updated... so i foolw the steps on the app... its downloaded the update no problem, then when i click on install the controller jjst beeps for about 20 seconds, shows 0% on the app then says the update failed... tried all sorts, uninstalling the app, turning off and on, then went on support and they have told me that i have to now mail my controller off to the states !
Can anyone shed any light?
many thanks

2015-11-6
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

Try post #3 from Sploodge in this link to force a re-install:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-33895-1-1.html

2015-11-6
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

This does not work if you're trying to load the firmware off an SD card/USB...how can you force a "re-install" thru the USB port?
2015-11-6
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

SpunOne69 Posted at 2015-11-6 09:33
This does not work if you're trying to load the firmware off an SD card/USB...how can you force a "r ...

OP said he has the B version.   That version only updates through the DJI Go app not the USB.
2015-11-6
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-6
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha djlsimpson,

Sometimes, what happened to you during the update, means you have a form of interference occurring during the process.  I had a simple house fan operating too close to me and when I turned it off, everything worked.  The others all have their points, but you also need to check for interference from operating electronic equipment and large metal objects.  For example do not try the update on a metal table or glass table with metal supports.  Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-6
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-11-6 13:54
Your P3 is OFF when you try to update correct?

Aloha Rebel,

I tried but the quotes just did not happen!!!!!!!!  It was not another relapse!!!!!!!  

Apparently, that "reply" works just on comments about the post.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-6
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-6
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Rebel,

But, hey, I would never have learned even that much if you had not pushed me over the cliff!  But, it was OK.  I was holding on to my DRONE!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-6
Use props
julian.noel.gma
lvl.1

United States

My drone after the new up date when using the way point mode tried to dive into the ground 2 times in a row. I was high enough to revert to the p mode and regain control before a certain bad crash. This mode worked great before the up grade.
2015-11-7
Use props
Moviedro
lvl.1

United States

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-11-6 07:03
Try post #3 from Sploodge in this link to force a re-install:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-33895-1-1 ...

Hi guys i need some assistance from season drone vets.

1. i was flying my drone 11/7/15 and i was not able to record or take any photos from the app or from the remote control.
2. once the drone was in the air it constantly kept switching from video to photo mode without me manually setting it ( i was in a free fly zone,no magnetic interference )
3. the iso kept jumping from 1600 to 100
4. i cannot activate the IOC ( advance settings+multiple flight mode on but the enable IOC is grayed out ) i still can't activate it when my settings are in F-mode + course lock is activated )
this is a problem.
Just so you know,
(a) i'm using a LG G3 smartphone . Never had a problem before
(b) I never lost video on the app when flying , it just keep switching from video settings to phone on its own with out me manually changing it
(c) current firmware - APP ANDROID VERSION 2.4.0   FIRMWARE V P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin

i thought this was due to me not updating the RC remote to the latest firmware ( because the new features benefit the inspire 1 and not my Phantom 3 ) so i went ahead and update it today 11/8/15 and took the drone out for a test flight but the problem continued more than before. I changed the sd card,reset all the settings and this problem still persist .
This is a major issue
what are your suggestions for resolving these problems. Thanks for your help in advance
2015-11-7
Use props
Moviedro
lvl.1

United States

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-11-6 07:03
Try post #3 from Sploodge in this link to force a re-install:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-33895-1-1 ...

1. i was flying my drone 11/7/15 and i was not able to record or take any photos from the app or from the remote control.
2. once the drone was in the air it constantly kept switching from video to photo mode without me manually setting it ( i was in a free fly zone,no magnetic interference )
3. the iso kept jumping from 1600 to 100
4. i cannot activate the IOC ( advance settings+multiple flight mode on but the enable IOC is grayed out ) i still can't activate it when my settings are in F-mode + course lock is activated )
this is a problem.
Just so you know,
(a) i'm using a LG G3 smartphone . Never had a problem before
(b) I never lost video on the app when flying , it just keep switching from video settings to phone on its own with out me manually changing it
(c) current firmware - APP ANDROID VERSION 2.4.0   FIRMWARE V P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin

i thought this was due to me not updating the RC remote to the latest firmware ( because the new features benefit the inspire 1 and not my Phantom 3 ) so i went ahead and update it today 11/8/15 and took the drone out for a test flight but the problem continued more than before. I changed the sd card,reset all the settings and this problem still persist .
This is a major issue
what are your suggestions for resolving these problems. Thanks for your help in advance
2015-11-7
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Moviedro Posted at 2015-11-7 05:34

1. i was flying my drone 11/7/15 and i wa ...

Aloha Moviedro,

Wow, this does look like a mess.  Good you are providing the app and firmware numbers.  It looks to me like you have to do a reinstall of the DJI Go app and anything that the reinstall indicates.  

Shut down everything; P3, RC, DJI Go app and your LG phone.  Then restart your phone and uninstall your  DJI Go app.  After uninstall of the app, restart the phone and download a fresh copy of the DJI Go app and install it.  After install of the app, restart the phone again.  Make sure you have a fresh copy of the app.  Downloads can contain small mistakes that create big problems even though AI tries to manage these errors.  It is unlikely that you will get two of the same errors in separate downloads.  Make sure you have a rock-solid Internet connection for this.

With the phone started and the white Micro USB cable connecting it to the RC, turn on the RC.  If the new DJI Go app loads, good.  Otherwise, start the app manually (and make a mental note to get it to start when you turn on the RC).  The white DJI screen should come up and instruct you to connect to the camera.  Turn on the P3 now and let it initialize.  (The P3 can be turned on because you have indicated that it has the right updates.  Otherwise, there is not need to turn on the P3 in this process.)

The flight screen should appear with the Flight Check screen on top of it.  Check the Flight Check screen for the status of your updates.  You may have to reinstall the RC update (which in your case might be good).  Be sure you have no electronic devices, like fans, house wireless phones, etc. near this operation or any large metal objects like a metal support for a glass table or refrigerator.  Do what the app instructs.

Many of the irregularities you mention are actually normal, like the IOC being grayed out.  The update note you make about it being more for the Inspire than the P3 can cause you problems.  Updates do not only include what is said in the release notes.  Sometimes, all the little changes that could make a big difference for you can take up pages and pages so they are not mentioned in the release notes.  Update when it is available.  

If an update creates a problem it is because something needs to be corrected in your system.  Your system includes the update you just installed, but you need to eliminate all the possibilities of your contributions to the system creating the problem before you go and conclude that the update created the problem.  By then DJI would have notified you and the rest of us like they have done before.  Your system could have been limping along, but working, and now the update has pulled a leg out from under the house of cards.  

Once you get everything up and running, you will have a stronger system.  Remember, DJI goes through an elaborate and extensive testing process before the update is released.  They list all the system components that have passed the tests.  If you have a component that is not on the list but your system still works, you are lucky.  In my case, I have an Android tablet that is not on the approved list, but it works if I do certain things to make it work.  Eventually DJI will come out with the fix on an update and I will not have to do anything extra to make the system work.  I like my system.  It has personality.

Try to get your system stable with these suggestions.  If it does not work, there is a page of fixes I can insert in a future post.  We may not be done yet - but we can hope!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-7
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

julian.noel.gma Posted at 2015-11-7 04:45
My drone after the new up date when using the way point mode tried to dive into the ground 2 times i ...

Aloha julian,

There are two upgrades of concern here, the DJI Go app and the Remote Control update.  Which one are you saying caused the crash dive problem?

Please be aware that re-installs and roll-backs can be done, but you need to let us know how you can be helped.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-7
Use props
Moviedro
lvl.1

United States

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-7 17:48
Aloha Moviedro,

Wow, this does look like a mess.  Good you are providing the app and firmwar ...

Thanks for your suggested assistance,I will give this a try. The only thing that's been troubling me is that this problem started before I updated the new firmware..SMH... Worst case scenario I will roll back to the previous firmware on the RC and all suggested ideas.
I will update results
2015-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules