128 GB Memory for P3P?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j.ebuen
New

United States

Hello All,

I know that the specs for the P3P says it can use up to 64 GB Micro SD cards.  However, I wonder if that spec was written before larger cards were produced.  Does anyone know if the P3P can use a 128 GB Micro SD card (533x speed)?

Thanks!
2015-11-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Give it a try and let us know how you got on.
2015-11-6
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

From PhantomPilots:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... .42638/#post-437880

From the Inspire Forum:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 2&fromuid=44480
2015-11-6
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha j.ebuen,

Given the time limitations of the flight battery, I would think you might reach the point of significantly diminishing returns with a card that large.  Keeping track of what you have on the card is hard enough with a 64 GB SD card.  Even if you format the card in exFAT for larger files than 3-4 GB it would be hard to get 10 GB per flight on the card.  Then you could do four batteries to fill up a 64 GB card.  (I suppose you could voice record your notes as to what is on the card for each battery.)  Now you want to do 8 batteries to fill up a 128 GB card for a days flying.  (10 GB per battery is a guess, BTW.)

When does it stop being fun and start being work.  I think DJI is looking at the recreational market with the P3P and P3A.  You are looking at an Inspire use for a P3 capability.  I think the Inspire can take two batteries at a time.  Can it take a 128 GB SD card?

Sure there are some full production companies using the P3P to supplement the Inspire and Spreading Wings platforms, but the P3 has a specialty use in that capacity.  But again, that is work.  And, of course, this is all theoretical.

Just sayin.  Oh yeah, and I am not retired - I am just tired!

Aloha and Drone On !
2015-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules