P3P survives plunge in lake
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rob.van.der.sta
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi, just a bit of feedback on my recent painful experience where my P3P took a deep dive in a sweet water lake. It hit a tree close to the water after a steering mistake. I guess I need more practice! The drone must have been for more than 10 minutes fully submerged at a depth of 2 meters in clear sweet water of about 10 degrees Celcius before I reached it and managed to get it out. Very cold to dive in but at least I retrieved it without getting undercooled myself. I removed the battery, let the water drip out, dried it with paper towel and several passes of a hairdryer watching carefully not to make it too hot. I also had to remove the camera lens filter. Then I left it in a plastic box for 7 days with moist absorbing grains (normally used in a dehumidifier) spread out on the bottom.

Except for the battery (doesn't switch off anymore and suffers from critical voltage drop when used) everything else in the aircraft works fine!
2015-11-7
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Rob,

Glad to hear you didn't lose it all.

Here is how I practice:
http://www.phoenix-sim.com/

Cheers.
2015-11-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yeah, same here, but with my www.realflight.com. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-11-8
Use props
rob.van.der.sta
lvl.1

Netherlands

Thanks Paniza and RedHotPoker for the tips.
Rob
2015-11-10
Use props
zandegran
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13173 ft
Sweden

[Battery Replaced]Same here. The battery is gone but the drone is fine. I installed new propeller gaurds and it fell from the sky.
I bought a new battery in a local store  and after a month I went to the store saying that the new battery is not working. The battery was replaced.

I bought the drone via ebay to save around 150USD. I still had warranty for the original battery. So, I'm thinking this as another channel. I removed the liquid-contact detector sticker on the sides of the battery, though.
2015-11-14
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very lucky my friend. Most likely the battery went first and removed power from the circuitry. So, the battery acted as a fuse. You got off cheap
2015-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules