s900, futaba T14sg, Phantom 5.8ghz, and lightbridge
5266 5 2014-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sam
lvl.1

Australia

Hi guys,

I'm after some direction to help me assemble my s900. mostly I am trying to get the controllers setup for dual control, but after a couple of days of scratching my head confused, I thought some-one might be able to give me some direction, if they have come up against the same problems: or they just know!!

I'll add some extra detail, incase I'm missing something.  

I've got a s900 and lightbridge, A2 flight controller and z15 bmpcc gimbal with a Futaba T14sg controller (with futaba R7008SB 8ch + S.Bus receiver), I also have a 5.8 ghz Phantom remote controller. The s900 is built, and wired accordingly to manuals/videos. I also have the software installed on my mac, and I have managed to update all components, except the GCU for the gimbal- for some reason (or I'm not looking in the right place) it doesn't come-up. I have the GCU directly into my computer via USB.

So, what I need help with is getting the remote controllers talking to both the s900, and the gimbal. I've checked out various web videos, forums and manuals, and I feel that i am in an area not too well covered.

For, the gimbal, this is what I have done (but it might not be right)- i watched a DJI video. I connected the DJI phantom remote receiver to the Aux2 plug on the GCU, and I tried to pair the controller to it. I think it is paired, the remote has a steady green, and the led on the receiver goes out when it is on. I did this after the gimbal went through its initiation. But I still cannot get any control on the gimbal.  

When I go into the DJI A2 assistant software, and I go to Advanced>Gimbal, i turned the gimbal on in the software, but when I go to the wiring tab (bottom right), the program freezes- but maybe this is because something isn't quite right?

Again, maybe this is not the best way, or I am missing a simple thing, or should I be going through the A2 flight controller or light bridge??

I also want to try and get the futaba remote going to control the s900, is the best way to go directly through lightbridge, or do I need to use the futaba receiver...

Sorry for the huge message, but I thought the more detail the better. Any help would be very, very  much appreciated!!

What do I do!!
Sam

2014-12-22
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

Hi, Sam,
I think you want to control with LB, right?
To control with Futaba 2.4G, you need to connect the RC to ground system (pic 1, page 14 of the manual)
and air system to X2 of A2 (pic 2, page 13 of BMPCC manual)
1.jpg
2.jpg
2014-12-23
Use props
sam
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2014-12-24 09:37
Hi, Sam,
I think you want to control with LB, right?
To control with Futaba 2.4G, you need to connec ...

THanks Dji-Dboy,

so just to clarify. I connect T14sg to LB on ground unit via the training port (not straight to the A2 flight controller).
And then the 5.8Ghz phantom remote controller, just connects separate into the Aux2 of the GCU.
After gimbal initialization, I paired the remote and receiver, but the gimbal does not respond to the remote? In the GCU - I have G9, G6, power cable in, G7 to lightbridge, and Aux 2 to remote receiver. Is there something else I am missing?

2014-12-23
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

sam@walkingstor Posted at 2014-12-24 10:29
THanks Dji-Dboy,

so just to clarify. I connect T14sg to LB on ground unit via the training port ( ...

Hi, Sam,
Almost get you point, it's a relatively complex system
So your first drone control line is Futaba-->LB-->A2(x2)
the 5.8G gimbal control is DR16-->GCU(Aux2).
If you also connect G7 to LB, GCU will receive two control signal from DR16 and LB. Thus GCU may be confused. So please 1. remove G7 to LB gimbal port. 2. Calibrate and select the right channel in LB software.
Dual control has a different connection to single RC. The next step is to link the LB air to camera and A2, please refer to LB manual page 22.
2014-12-24
Use props
sam
lvl.1

Australia

Cheers!! so I've ordered a can hub, as there is not enough can bus ports as per the manuals recommendation. and next step is to find a PC for the lightbridge software - to get the right channel, as I've only got mac. Is this right DJI-Dboy!! That lightbridge software is only available for PC?

Man, its gonna be a relief, when i finally get this thing together!! Had a really shite cocky retailer, who sent me the wrong gimbal to start with, and then a dodgy one with scratches all over it. Its took 2-3 months to get one, and i still need to order more stuff (after they said I wouldnt need to get anything else)... Will be going through different avenues to order these bits!!!
2014-12-26
Use props
mahmut tektas
New

Germany

sam@walkingstor Posted at 2014-12-27 09:39
Cheers!! so I've ordered a can hub, as there is not enough can bus ports as per the manuals recommen ...

hi
my hand Futaba T14SG and A2 control system with house.We career with S900 A2 and istiyorum.b to check that control I watched the very video from but a round control that I want to guncel program A2 system tanitamadim.b housing the help we could be your dusundum.a2 system but not be required current, Amasa.
2015-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules