Adding lights to the P3A
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rzade
lvl.1

United States

I would like to add lights to my P3a for night flying. I was able to do this with my P2v+ throught the Naza but the P3 doesn't have a Naza so no extra channels to work with. I need a way to turn them on and off with the remote and since there is no way to tap into the power I'm thinkig I might need to add a battery too. Any one out there expermenting with this?

2015-11-9
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

One of the more outrageously bright LED light sets I've seen is the Flytron STROBON NEO http://www.flytron.com/led-systems/300-strobon-neo-4-stripes-pack.html

2015-11-9
Use props
Ithacus
lvl.2

United States

There is a power adapter out there, if I can find it again, it slips over the batter terminals…….what would be nice is if an electronics knowledge based pilot could let us know where to solder to on the front ESC board so we could use the app functions "lights on/off" feature.
2015-11-11
Use props
Orac1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I used x2 Flytron 4 strip sets, all the LED's are attached to removable prop guards and a 3S battery as well as a the circuit boards are held by Velcro. It is a 5 minute job to add or remove the whole light setup to get back to my standard Phantom.

2015-11-11
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

I'm looking to do the same thing. I've been thinking that I could tap into the front led lights so that they can be controlled via the app, but not very knowledgeable with electronics and would want someone with more know-how to guide me through it.

You can get involved with the thread here.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=35028&page=1
2015-11-11
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Orac1 Posted at 2015-11-11 07:35
I used x2 Flytron 4 strip sets, all the LED's are attached to removable prop guards and a 3S battery ...

That is a SWEET setup!  Can you give a little bit more detail on how you went about the setup of the battery and wiring?
2015-11-11
Use props
alirz1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Looks nice. But wouldnt that interfere with video recording at night? I guess if you can turn them of remotely then thats perfect.
2015-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules