870 8 2015-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
petevandra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have had around 150 flights with minimal problems.
I was flying at speed (unusual for me!!) and let go of the stick and the Inspire braked suddenly and went into atti mode with a compass error. After a short while I got the GPS back and continued.  Three flights later the same thing happened but I was not flying as fast. Have flown in this open location dozens of times without any problems; had 17 satelites; mod values were all normal etc etc.
My question is - Could flying at speed and braking suddenly cause a compass error or should I be looking for something else that may have caused the compass error.
Sorry for any duplication- --  I did raise this issue at the end of an older posting but didn't get any replies.
Cheers
2015-11-9
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

petevandra, yes very hard braking could cause compass error. please be a little more gentle on a sticks
2015-11-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-9 22:14
petevandra, yes very hard braking could cause compass error. please be a little more gentle on a sti ...

Hi Tim,

Could you explain why the hard braking could cause the Inspire to have a compass error. I was just wondering....  If you are flying further away from you it is hard to judge the speed and braking transition (due to poor depth perception). This could explain some of the airborne compass problems we have heard about while flying at a distance (LOS).
regards,
Rich
2015-11-9
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hey Rich,
I agree that it is difficult to judge the speed flying further away, but you can gently pull the stick back to the center, instead of just throwing them.  But  unfortunately I don't have an answer to the question why exactly does it happens
2015-11-9
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-10 16:44
petevandra, yes very hard braking could cause compass error. please be a little more gentle on a sti ...

Thanks for the advice Tim
2015-11-10
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Just a quick update. I've  set braking to 90 and flew 4 more times yesterday with no compass errors. Also didn't fly very hard -
All looks promising again
2015-11-11
Use props
rwynant
lvl.1

United States

petevandra@msn. Posted at 2015-11-11 14:17
Just a quick update. I've  set braking to 90 and flew 4 more times yesterday with no compass error ...

I was just going to say,  soften your brake settings.

It's ALL adjustable!  Have fun!!~

Randy
2015-11-13
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-11-9 23:38
Hi Tim,

Could you explain why the hard braking could cause the Inspire to have a compass error. I ...

Hi Rich
I have had the compass error several times,  It occurred with my P3A the other day also, and several times with my I1,  This seemed to start after the last firmware upgrade,  I have my braking set to 70 or 80 % , 70 on my I1 and 80 on the P3 I think,  My concern with the intense braking is pitching off a prop.  All of my compass errors have occurred while just flying along and not braking.
2015-11-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-11-15 15:49
Hi Rich
I have had the compass error several times,  It occurred with my P3A the other day also,  ...

Hey again Mtnmaddman

That is very interesting for sure. I think the braking feature is nice for trying to hold the aircraft in tight for some shots. But I fly my aircraft using the sticks with soft movements and the with the brake turned down. Not sure what this is all about. Hopefully DJI will release a new firmware that could address these issues. although it has not happened to me.

Pretty weird that you are having compass issues just flying around.

Rich
2015-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules