First Practical Use
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I finally got to do what I bought my P3P for, shoot an old railway bridge. The day was awful, drizzling rain, dull sky and strong gusty winds. However little Phantom handled it all beautifully. I flew two missions, a POI orbit and a straight line track along the deck of the bridge, these are the only two shots in the clip. I then had to grade it in Resolve to make the footage look better, as it was very dull straight out of the camera. You can see some drift in the tracking shot due to the wind:

For those that are interested, that bridge was built in 1881 and has been abandoned since 1956, so it has not had any repairs done on it for more than 60 years, yet it is still standing, just!

2015-11-11
Use props
GmanTerry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49288 ft
United States

Very nice. Great POI shot. These things are amazing.

Terry
2015-11-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Cool bridge! does anybody steps on it still?
2015-11-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-12 12:44
Cool bridge! does anybody steps on it still?

No Tim, the bridge is on private property these days and people normally would not go near it. Having seen it close up, there is no way I would set foot on it.
2015-11-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GmanTerry Posted at 2015-11-12 12:33
Very nice. Great POI shot. These things are amazing.

Terry

I agree, the wind was really gusting hard and at first I thought the Phantom would not handle it, but I should have had more faith, as you can see there is no indication of the strong wind at all. And for jobs like this, the planned missions are just brilliant. I am in luurve!
2015-11-11
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-12 01:53
I agree, the wind was really gusting hard and at first I thought the Phantom would not handle it,  ...

You cant beat an old structure for  character,hope its being preserved its irreplaceable.
2015-11-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2015-11-12 14:08
You cant beat an old structure for  character,hope its being preserved its irreplaceable.

Sadly, there is no push to preserve it, as it is on private property now and the public cannot even see it. And just to add to that, I posted a link on a Railway forum and one member suggested it needed to be burnt down to get rid of it. As we would call him here, a drongo.
2015-11-11
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-12 03:13
Sadly, there is no push to preserve it, as it is on private property now and the public cannot eve ...

What a moron theres plenty of them about souless
2015-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules