PROBLEM : Blue dots white dots in Phantom 3 Photo & Videos
5229 13 2015-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
endless1375.yah
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hey guys, I ordered my P3A on 26th Sept and finally received it this week but shocked to find that at 9th flight onwards, i get this blue and white spots/dots on all my images and videos as attached, whether it's in the noon or evening.
Firmware is latest according to DJI Go app.
Some action I've attempted but not solving the problem : Formatted the card that came with it. Unplugged and plug gimbal cable. DNG cleaner same result.

Had contacted DJI support and waiting their response to this matter. Anyone faced the same issue too?

Youtube video here, watch at 1080p and you will easily notice the issue.

2015-11-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I could not actually see any dots, even at full-screen 1080 resolution. Are they always in the same place? If so, try posting a still shot with a circle around them.

I am just guessing, but they are most likely dead or 'stuck' pixels, something that occurs with every camera made today. The trick is for the manufacturer to map them out and neutralise them using a technique called 'black balance' or defective pixel mapping.

I am not sure how DJI approach this in their cameras, but in other makes it is possible to force the camera to perform this mapping operation to mask them. They cannot be entirely removed, just masked to some extent.
2015-11-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I just looked at your still shots on your other post, and no, these are not dead/stuck pixels, they appear to be sensor problem. The giveaway is that ones down at the bottom of frame are not spots but short vertical lines and are in the same places on both photos.

This looks like an issue that would require you to return your Phantom to DJI for repair.
2015-11-13
Use props
endless1375.yah
lvl.1
Malaysia

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-14 13:33
I could not actually see any dots, even at full-screen 1080 resolution. Are they always in the same  ...

Weird though. I can easily see them on my monitor. And also now I couldn't see the images i've attached above.

Here some more,

2015-11-13
Use props
endless1375.yah
lvl.1
Malaysia

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-14 13:44
I just looked at your still shots on your other post, and no, these are not dead/stuck pixels, they  ...

Yeap likely not dead pixel since it seems to appear differently depending on subject colors.

Am waiting the support reply, maybe cause it's weekend.
2015-11-13
Use props
endless1375.yah
lvl.1
Malaysia

And based on this video, as you can see from 00:03 as i tilted down, the white dots didn't follow, they seems to appear based on what the subject color is. Hmm...

And here's the live view, white dots visible too.

2015-11-13
Use props
flippnbits
lvl.2
Flight distance : 487992 ft
  • >>>
United States

endless1375.yah Posted at 2015-11-14 01:13
And based on this video, as you can see from 00:03 as i tilted down, the white dots didn't follow, t ...

I am just now having the same problem. I've had a P3 for a year, no problems until about 1 week ago. What did you have to do to resolve this?
2016-8-19
Use props
mattdimaggio
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same exact problem with those vertical, dotted lines.  I ordered 8 months ago and the camera/gimbal appears to only have a 6 month warranty, so I am reluctant to send it in as I think it will be a waste of time and I will need my phantom in two weeks.  Anyone else have a fix?  I feel as though the culprit may be the flexible ribbon cable having become loose, but it seems a bit tricky to swap out and I am not sure that I want to do it unless I know 100% that the cable is the problem.  
2016-8-22
Use props
GDaryl
New
Flight distance : 32585 ft
United States

Hi,  new to this forum and wanted to know if there was any resolution on the issue with - Phantom 3 Pro Camera getting dots in photos?

Thanks!!
2016-11-18
Use props
Prokysoft
New

Czechia

Someone with solution? It was a flex cable?
2016-12-6
Use props
Dkontoulas
lvl.1
United States

I wish someone would post a fix. This problem is in several threads with no solutions.
2017-2-15
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

endless1375.yah Posted at 2015-11-13 22:09
Weird though. I can easily see them on my monitor. And also now I couldn't see the images i've attached above.

Here some more,

Replace the ribbon cable between the camera and the bimbal. That fixed it on my P3A. Takes an hour or two. See the how to on YouTube. Cable is around $40.
Or, if it's still under warranty, send it in.
Good luck
2017-2-15
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

Dkontoulas Posted at 2017-2-15 12:12
I wish someone would post a fix. This problem is in several threads with no solutions.

Ribbon cable fixed mine
http://forum.dji.com/thread-74957-1-1.html
2017-2-15
Use props
Dkontoulas
lvl.1
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2017-2-15 20:29
Ribbon cable fixed mine
http://forum.dji.com/thread-74957-1-1.html

Awesome! Thanks Rnfaust!
2017-2-19