How is exposure adjusted automatically
581 2 2015-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tworivers
lvl.1

Canada

I am still new with my Inspire and have done several flights recording video.  I am still using the automatic settings for exposure (my apologies in advance if I am not using correct lingo). Most of my flying is in forested mountain terrain - my subject is the forest and primarly trees - for my purposes, I don't care if the sky is overexposed as long as the trees are clear.  But, so far, as soon as I have even a small sliver of sky showing in the image, the exposure adjusts to the sky making the majority of the image, the forest, almost black.  I am wondering why it always adjusts to the sky even though it is a minor portion of the image.  I have a bit of experience with photography and have been able to control what portion of the image is used to adjust the exposure.  I have seen several suggestions on other posts to use ND filters but correct if I am wrong, but they seem to be designed for a fairly horizontal skyline - my skyline is almost always angled as I am in valleys.

So does anyone know if I can change the settings so it stops adjusting to the sky?  Anyone know of any tutorials on how to manually adjust setting for exposure?  Thanks in advance!
2015-11-16
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

I think by default it does an average of the scene, because the sky is so much brighter than the trees the average would make the trees look quite dark.

You can tell it what to set as the exposure point by tapping on the place you want to see in the video preview - in your case the trees.

Hope that helps.
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

you can set the exposure touching the spot you want to be right exposed on a screen, also you can set it manually according to histogram
2015-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules