Attaching 2nd Camera
2293 6 2015-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamjonkilmartin
New

United Kingdom

Can anyone help, I own a DJI Phantom 3 Pro and am looking at ways to attach a 2nd camera if possible to face rear or down so I can effectivly double the amount of footage I can get per flight.

I was thinking of just sticking the gopro mount to the rear of the Phantom but wondered if anyone makes an anti vibration arm for a go pro?

Alternativly I wondered whether I could find an arm that sways slightly so effectivly the weight of my gopro would keep it central.

Thanks in advance

2015-11-17
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Search the threads. It has been done.
2015-11-17
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I'd be careful of the weight and balance...if it's not balanced correctly, it will not fly right!
2015-11-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,  it's not recommended to install any third party products on Phantom 3 .  If you try to attach another camera on it , it would be hard to control the balance of the aircraft  and there's gonna be more potential problems .  
2015-11-17
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I suppose you could design something yourself on Shapeways.com and have them print you out a prototype.  How Shapeways 3D Printing Works
2015-11-19
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

Got me wondering if somebody had already made something.  Ran across this: DJI Phantom GoPro 3-Way Mount

2015-11-19
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

OH!  Just remembered about this setup:  360-gopro-panorama-head

2015-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules