DSLR Functions On Drones
789 3 2015-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mitchn
New

United States

I was just curius as to how a DSLR, or mirrorless camera operates when attached to a gimbal. Do you have to adjust your settings on the camera from the ground and then send your S1000/S900 into the air, or is there a way of wirelessly adjusting the camera settings while it's still in the air?
I've been researching a couple of days and I've found absolutely nothing on adjusting camera settings. I think it would be a little frustrating adjusting your settings from the ground, send your drone into the air, realize it's a little brighter in the air than on the ground, bring the drone back down, and re-adjust the camera settings.

Thanks.
2015-11-18
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know of anyone with the ability to adjust settings from the ground on DSLRs. I run Panasonic gh3/4s and my settings are done before takeoff..pain it is. We use a fold up table so we don't have to remove the camera every time and crawl around on the ground. I also don't have the drone battery on so the gimbal isn't bothering me. You can also use auto or Ia and then adjust in editing. There's some really good camera guys on here so hopefully they'll have some input too. I have it a little easier as someone else handles the camera and I'm just the stupid guy flying it and won't try to clear a gap with 3" to spare just for the "shot".....sorry, I carry grudges...
2015-11-18
Use props
mitchn
New

United States

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2015-11-18 18:42
I don't know of anyone with the ability to adjust settings from the ground on DSLRs. I run Panasonic ...

Hey thanks. I figured it would be difficult for a gimbal to have enough moving parts to change camera settings while it's in the air. In the future, I hope they figure out a way to plug in the camera to the drone or receiver and adjust the settings wirelessly.  I could see a team effort in one flying the drone while the other camera professional adjusts the camera settings. Thanks for your input.
2015-11-19
Use props
flaviomjr@mcse. This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules