What video editing software are you using?
2525 12 2015-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jayanthonybeatz
lvl.1

United States

Hi, just purchased a p3p and I see all these great videos from you guys, just wondering what video editing software is being used for the edits. I see the dji app has a built in video editing software but I think I'm more comfortable using a computer. I'm new to video editing, so I guess I will like to get something that's easy to use but still looks great. Thanks guys!!!!
2015-11-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi,jayanthonybeatz
You can try the Premier  . Hope that will help .
2015-11-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Final Cut Pro X works well also.

Dave
2015-11-19
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Jay,

Just starting out, try Windows Movie Maker. It's free and it's fairly easy to use. it doesn't have the bells and whistles that Premiere does but it's a great way to get a few clips produced. I hear a lot of people also use Cyberlink Video Studio. I've tried a few of them now and did a lot of stuff with Windows Movie Maker but I'm starting to look for more editing capabilities. I've started learning Premiere Elements and GoPro studio recently but haven't produced much with them. They're a bit more complex, it's taking a bit to find my way around.

This will give you an idea on what you can expect from something like WMM. Nothing at all like what the pros around here can do but it'll give you an idea on a simple approach.
Jerry

http://youtu.be/yICEB-BsuL0

2015-11-19
Use props
roman99
New

Canada

If you're on Macs I recommend iMovie. It comes free with the computer and it's recently been updated to support 4k output. It's super easy and does the basics well. Also renders the results quickly even on the less powerful Macbook Airs. I've had the Final Cut Pro trial for 30 days and I loved it, but I do not shoot for money so I could not justify the FCP price after iMovie got updated with 4k support.

2015-11-19
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha jay,

Besides the other options they have mentioned, Davinci Resolve 12 is free and has amazing color editing and matching.  There is a professional version and a free version.  The free version does not have the bells and whistles of the professional version, but it really lets you get the feel for high quality editing.  In any one you choose, notice the codecs, formats and resolutions you can choose since that really affects the end product.  Anything less than a 1080p product is going to display less clear on our 1080p monitors and TVs.  (YouTube likes 720p for users because it is easy to upload and download, but the video quality is noticeable.)  Most of the versions mentioned allow drag and drop editing and various phases for the editing process, so pick a winner and get rolling!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-19
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I use Premiere and have from version 4.  It's really overkill for most work though.
2015-11-19
Use props
Noodle
lvl.1

Australia

I started with iMovie on my Macbook Pro. Now I am learning Cyberlink Power Director 13 Ultra on my PC desktop.
2015-11-20
Use props
jayanthonybeatz
lvl.1

United States

Thanks fo all the great recommendations! I'll definitely try some of these!
2015-11-20
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

GoPro Studio is free. There are several payware products out there that are better, but GoPro Studio will help you easily get your feet wet.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-11-20
Use props
Viper989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891194 ft
Canada

Hi ,

like mentioned previoulsy  ,gopro studio is a free and simple way to practice and get fast professionnal looking  videos .

I'm now using PowerDirector 14 on PC , works well , does more than i need .

It's kind of addictive once you start to make your own movies . I know it is for me

Enjoy
2015-11-20
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

I have used iMove on my mac.  Easy to use and does a very good job.
2015-11-23
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DrACE Posted at 2015-11-23 23:08
I have used iMove on my mac.  Easy to use and does a very good job.

I also use Imovie for some simple footage. it is pretty easy to use. But for some serious videos Premiere or Final cut are better
2015-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules