SOLVED: Video feed lag on mini Ipad 3....STILL
2499 11 2015-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryanfarran
lvl.1

Papua New Guinea

I have been trying to fix this video lag for a month and I'm and SICK of it!!  The video feed will just drop off randomly right in the middle of a shot for 5 or so seconds, sometime longer.  The connection is usually fine but someitmes it will flash red for a second or two saying weak connection.  It all started when I updated my ipad to IOS 9.  Before that it worked great all the time. So far I have1. enable hardware decode
2. disabled video cache
3. uploaded the 32 channel file to my ipad and changed it to channel 28
4. transmission quality turn down to the lowest 4 mbps
5. running IOS 9.0.2 on Mini iPad 3
6. Latest firmware for phantom 3 Professional
7. Latest update for DJIGO and controller8. Tried multiple Apple brand cables8.  Always take off NO where even close to metal, always fly in the country where there is nothing but grass and trees

What else can I do?

2015-11-20
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ryan,

It appears only you and I are awake tonight.  The rest will chime in tomorrow.

Anyway, other threads have strongly advised to make your device as strongly dedicated to the P3 system as possible.  Disable or delete any apps that are not connected to your Internet needs, DJI Go, and iOS operation.  These tablets are so overloaded with BS that they dog down easily when the video demands of the P3 come into play.  You could get a phone call or email, an app will try to update and your video will cut out.

I do not do iOS devices but, I do read and listen to what iOS users say in this forum.  The consensus is to use a Lightning cable to connect your RC to your device.  Others are futile.  Your iOS 9 is the subject of many threads.

Also be sure your antennae are flat side toward your P3 since the signals leave and enter on the sides of the antennae.  (There are parabolic range extenders that also happen to improve the quality of your video feed.)  The video DJI-Tim made on antennae best practices explains it all very well.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-33091-1-1.html

These are just the things you do not mention in your list.  Others should be able to help you with your list.  And I will try to help where I can.

Aloha and Drone on!
2015-11-21
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.3
United States

When I added the 32 channel file my video would drop out also. Even using auto mode it would still drop out. I uninstalled Go App and reinstalled the Go App video working ok now. I'm back to 8 channels but for me at least it's working ok now.
2015-11-21
Use props
Expat Adventure
lvl.1

Papua New Guinea

Yes I have made sure that the antennas are flat side facing th drone.  I'll try to make sure every app is closed before flying and I'll even try it on airplane mode
2015-11-21
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Expat Adventure Posted at 2015-11-21 12:07
Yes I have made sure that the antennas are flat side facing th drone.  I'll try to make sure every a ...

Aloha Ryan,

What jag says about the 32 channel file is important to.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-22
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Expat Adventure Posted at 2015-11-21 17:07
Yes I have made sure that the antennas are flat side facing th drone.  I'll try to make sure every a ...

Airplane mode will help if there are Cellular Systems close by. I am not familiar with New Guinea so I don't know your situation in regard to that.
2015-11-22
Use props
Expat Adventure
lvl.1

Papua New Guinea

No in PNG there really is nothing metal or cellular that I'm close to.  I tried the airplane mode and it still cuts out, but not as bad or long.  I hate to try to redownload the stud app because it going to cost me $5 of internet usage to redownload it
2015-11-23
Use props
UnDeadRec
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1096677 ft
United States

In iOS 9 make sure to  turn off new multitasking.
Settings-general-multitasking: turn all options to off.
Also in general-Background app refresh: turn off.
iPad Mini3 had simular problems, did some poking around.
After I made said changes no problems.
2015-11-23
Use props
Expat Adventure
lvl.1

Papua New Guinea

UnDeadRec Posted at 2015-11-24 00:04
In iOS 9 make sure to  turn off new multitasking.
Settings-general-multitasking: turn all options t ...

Awesome thanks, I've made the changes on my iPad and I'll try it out tomorrow if good weather and report back
2015-11-25
Use props
Expat Adventure
lvl.1

Papua New Guinea

Weeeell. ..updated everything to the latest firmware, closed all apps, made changes in iPad settings, made sure I had a good channel to fly on and it's still dropping video feed
2015-11-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

When you deleted the Go app and then reloaded it, have you also redone all of your basic calibrations, again?
You know, cold IMU, Gimbal, and Compass?
I do know these calibrations are not directly related to your video feed, but they might help kick start it back in the right direction.

After reading all the previous suggestions and your test trials above, I can see that you have been very thourogh with your attempts to correct this malfunction.

Good luck, something has to work eventually.

RedHotPoker
2015-11-26
Use props
Expat Adventure
lvl.1

Papua New Guinea

Okay, I think it's fixed now.  I deleted the app and reinstalled it and that seems to have fixed the issues.  I also put the 30 channel file back on.  It around the 2000' mark it stud derek a few times but is not saying weak transmission any more and dropping the signal for 5 seconds.
2015-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules