Lift weight
1298 4 2015-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rzade
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know the safe lift weights for the PA3 and where the center of gravity is? Also has anyone found a nice set of leg extensions.

2015-11-21
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Off the top of my head 1300g comes to mind.  You can check the spec page and the wiki for the load limit.

I kinda like these snap-on/off extenders for these reasons:
> raise the gimbal to keep grass and debris away.
> ability to easily remove so Phantoms would fit in unmodified hard cases.
> interchangeable between different Phantoms

While I certainly can't say they will protect from me every possible crash scenario -- I don't fly without them!

https://www.shapeways.com/designer/fusionimaging

2015-11-21
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

We know that it can lift 1 pound of M&M's
2015-11-21
Use props
rzade
lvl.1

United States

gil Posted at 2015-11-21 16:15
Off the top of my head 1300g comes to mind.  You can check the spec page and the wiki for the load l ...

The last one shown is the only one that will fit on the phantom 3 and at $60 plus shipping it's just too pricey for me
2015-11-22
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

rzade@hotmail.c Posted at 2015-11-22 05:55
The last one shown is the only one that will fit on the phantom 3 and at $60 plus shipping it's ju ...

From one of my previous experiences the money was well worth it!  The P2V+ (v3)  in the middle of the photo got caught in a Vortex Ring State and bounced off my asphalt driveway.  The fortunate thing for me that I discovered by accident (pun intended) was the one undocumented feature of some 3D printed leg extenders.  They went flying off in all directions when it crashed and I thought at that moment I was witnessing $1300 turned to junk.  What astonished me was that the Phantom had ZERO damage other that a grass stain where it landed after bouncing off the asphalt!  Turns out the leg extenders acted like shock absorbers / crumple zones and took the brunt of the impact.  As I said before -- I don't fly without them!
2015-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules