Intermittent (and horribly sudden) descent - help!
813 8 2015-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DavidMFranks
New
Flight distance : 14882 ft
United Kingdom

Ok, so I am reasonably new, recently got PFAW and am keen to fly.
But the P2 has developed a weird glitch, and I'd welcome opinions/advice/help...

Every five or six minutes the P2 will just drop to the ground, no matter what happens to the controls. I don't think it's the dreaded VRS, as the motors still run fine and there's no wobble in the descent. It's not even a crash landing, technically as the platform comes down fast but not "crash-fast". It just acts as though the control stick has been slammed into the down position. Anyone got any clues what to look for? Be grateful for any help.
2015-11-23
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Have you connected to the assistant and checked for any errors and also look at the IMU data as well as the compass info to see if anything looks out of place. I would also check the calibration of the sticks in the remote to verify all is working well. I would start with all the calibrations and check the RC.
2015-11-23
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,David
Please connect the aircraft  to the Assistant and check the IMU . It could be a barometer problem , please try an IMU Calibration .
2015-11-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Have you figured out what was wrong David?
2015-11-29
Use props
DavidMFranks
New
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-30 00:13
Have you figured out what was wrong David?

Sorry, all, for the delay in replying. I've been out of the country on (non-aerial) business.

It's interesting that the barometer thing has come up. On our PfAW assessment our copter dropped (I thought we'd fail) but the examiner said that he suspects the barometer may be at fault. The display often displays spurious height readings, so it looks like there is a glitch there.

Sadly I'm no tech and our company will need to get a technician in to repair it, so I'll report back after he's had a poke and a prod around.

If you're interested, there's some footage of the failures in the following link. Note that in all instances the altitude stick has either been full up or left completely alone.

Thanks all for chiming in.

Dave

2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Yeah that really does look like the Barometer is bad.
2015-12-1
Use props
DavidMFranks
New
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-12-1 18:56
Yeah that really does look like the Barometer is bad.

I still need your help....
I had this report from the IT dept:

Firmware upgraded to 1.0.2.26
Main Controller upgraded to V3.14
H3-3D IMU upgraded to V1.0.0.12
IMU calibration carried out.
Calibrated (mode 2) successfully
BTU info reset.

Flying mode currently set to Naza-M Mode

But after 3 - 4 minutes of flying, the quadcopter still falls to the ground. Can anyone recommend what to try next?
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Hi David

At this time all I can say is that you need to send it in for repair. I think your Barometer needs to be replaced.
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Hi David

At this time all I can say is that you need to send it in for repair. I think your Barometer needs to be replaced.
2015-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules